Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.7.4 perfomances compared to 1.6.5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1.7.4 perfomances compared to 1.6.5

    Does it worth the update to 1.7.4 if I do not use at all sequencing inside the blackbox?
    I'm using external sequencing and LFO to modulate the samples on the BB and It works very well.
    I've just some issues when I tried to use efx expecially with multisample involved.I use every recomandation from steve about the
    usage of the best/fast card and I format the card very often.
    The question then is:Is this update (in my case) will give a better performances using those faster SD cards?
    I read on the spec:Faster micro SD interface. In the past when we tried to speed this up, some users had problems booting.

    Thanks in advance
    alessandro

  • #2
    I have two Blackboxes - one running 1.6.5 and the other 1.7.4. I haven't noticed any difference in performance (or anything else for that matter). I don't use sequences or song mode, just long audio performances and loops.

    Comment


    • alemass
      alemass commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I was intrigued by reading Faster micro SD interface

  • #3
    It may be faster but I guess I learned a bit of minimalism early on (due to crackles etc.) and now never attempt to run 16 x 20 minute ambient noodles simultaneously.

    Comment


    • #4
      Originally posted by softroom View Post
      It may be faster but I guess I learned a bit of minimalism early on (due to crackles etc.) and now never attempt to run 16 x 20 minute ambient noodles simultaneously.
      Yes I used to do the same I want to know just if we can go further with this update (dont know for example restart using one or even two multisample avoiding crackles) or I can keep
      1.6.5
      If steve or aaron could chime in would be great.
      Regarding the sd card I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro Scheda di Memoria microSDXC da 256 GB App Performance A2 till 170 MB/sec, Classe 10, UHS-I, U3, V30




      Comment


      • #5
        I will keep 1.6.5 probably more stable and bugs free
        till a new update would show better performances.

        Comment


        • #6
          I noticed a consideral improvement when upgrading to 1.7.4, for example I never used to be able to play all 16 pad loops at once for some of the stock presets, it would turn into a horrible mess of clicks and then slow down to a crawl.

          After the firmware update I haven't had a single click, I can fire off all 16 loops at any time and not worry about glitches, (even while sending and receiving midi data at the same time).

          Maybe you can try out the latest and downgrade back to 1.6.5 if you feel you're not ready yet? But in my own humble opinion the SD card improvement has been the best update yet.

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by Ademali View Post
            I noticed a consideral improvement when upgrading to 1.7.4, for example I never used to be able to play all 16 pad loops at once for some of the stock presets, it would turn into a horrible mess of clicks and then slow down to a crawl.

            After the firmware update I haven't had a single click, I can fire off all 16 loops at any time and not worry about glitches, (even while sending and receiving midi data at the same time).

            Maybe you can try out the latest and downgrade back to 1.6.5 if you feel you're not ready yet? But in my own humble opinion the SD card improvement has been the best update yet.
            Thanks to confirm that.I will have to try and report.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by alemass View Post
              Does it worth the update to 1.7.4 if I do not use at all sequencing inside the blackbox?
              I'm using external sequencing and LFO to modulate the samples on the BB and It works very well.

              Thanks in advance
              alessandro
              Hello!

              I just received my blackbox and was not aware I could modulate samples with an LFO due to no CV in? Care to elaborate on your LFO modulation?

              Thanks

              Comment


              • #9
                Midi cc out from your external device.
                bb has learn function for velocity pitch efx etc....

                Comment


                • #10
                  I can confirm that perfomance on 1.7.D are really a lot better then 1.6.5
                  I will update soon on 1.7.F
                  Probably I discovered a little bug but in terms of performances a big step forward

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    THANKS Aaron and steve

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Today first time the BB reboot without any apparent reason.I was just loading a file.
                      First time ever

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X