Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbmike View Post
    I have the following issue with the Arturia Keystep 37 midi keyboard

I have booted the Blackbox with the new firmware and then connected the Keystep 37. At this time, plugging the keyboard via USB made the Blackbox shutting down and reset. Then fine, I was able to use the Blackbox.

Performances were really great, seems way better to me compare to the last version. (thank you for that!)

Unfortunately, I had just recorded a chord on a Poly4 sample with keystep into Blackbox sequencer, and then changed the starting point of the sample while it was triggered by the sequencer, the Blackbox crashed and restarted. Then Blackbox started to enter a loop of crash and restart even with the keystep disconnected

As a side note, I always had issue with the Keystep 37 and blackbox, even with v1.6.5 and v1.7.4, with crashes but not with a crash loop like that. Would be great if it could be fixed with that keyboard, they make a great combo together

Thanks in advance!
    Make sure you power the keystep from the wall - and not just the USB port.

Comment

1.7.D is fine here. Polyphony works great, had simultaneous 15 voices on all pads, plus reverb and delay, didn't glitch - and some of them were on HiQ. My MIDI controller works fine. Only noticed a minor bug when the step mode is off, I'll make a video and post it on a new thread - it's hard to describe. That bug was present in the previous firmware too.
      Last edited by Manthos; 03-24-2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Packed a preset for the first time and noticed that an Ableton Live set (.als) was created - nice!

Ableton 11 could not, however, read the .als. When I tried to open it I received an error (corrupt file).

Will provide exact Ableton 11 version later (currently AFK).

Comment

• papertiger
          papertiger commented
          Editing a comment
          I am on Ableton 11.0.1. Here is the error message I receive:

"The document '(file patch to the .als file)' is corrupt.

[not well-formed (invalid token) (at line 5999, column 0)]"

Is it possible that a corrupted file could result from just copying the .als from the card to the computer, or is there an issue with Blackbox .als export and Ableton 11?

@Steve @Aaron
          Last edited by papertiger; 03-25-2021, 08:19 AM. Reason: Revised to tag Steve and Aaron

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think there is an issue (says the support guy)... I tried opening a few yesterday. I just installed Live 11 (11.0.1) and confirm that is working here. My tests were using previously created .als files and not from a new preset I created on the device. Is the what you experience? Or did you create your own preset - then try to open in Live?

• ModulateThis
          ModulateThis commented
          Editing a comment
          Here is the behavior I see 1.1.7 and how I've reproduced the problem.

If I'm on the micro and go to a factory preset such as SL Dancehall then go to file and pack the preset, I can open this successfully in Live 10 or 11.

If I create a new preset add some factory samples to it, pack it, then try to open Preset.als in Live 10 or 11 I get the invalid token error.

So it seems that older .als files that were created in a previous firmware work. New .als files created on 1.1.7 won't open.

seeing something odd in 1.7.D - record sample to pad. No audio output when sample that was just recorded is played back. All looks good, shows waveform, nothing that would indicate any issues. Problem is resolved after I reboot the blackbox. It did not start immediately after I updated to 1.7.d, I was actually recording various samples without problem during same session that I discovered the issue. Then recorded a 32 bar sample, no sound, tried again, no sound, rebooted, got sound out of both. Tried to record another 32 bar sample, no sound, again rebooted and got sound.

Comment

• arteom
          arteom commented
          Editing a comment
          hi Steve, thanks for getting back to me. The SD card is a sandisk 256gb A2, I received and formatted it 2-3 weeks ago. 221GB free space. Had been working fine prior to 1.7.d update.
          I just reflashed 1.7.D. Problem persists. Recorded another sample and it exhibited same behavior, again worked after reboot. Sample length has not effect, tried a 2 bar sample and saw same issue. I also saw the sample that was recorded prior to the new one I recorded just disappear from the SD card. It was showing as occupying one of the sample pads, wouldn't play, no waveform, went to load and the file was missing from directory it should have been in. Will probably go back to 1.7.4 and hope it goes back to normal.
          edit: went back to 1.7.4, problem not present here. will probably be sitting out 1.7.D
          edit 2: it's the volume knob on my synth (which is connected to midi in on the blackbox) that is lowering the volume. Not sure what changed and where, but that's what it was.
          Last edited by arteom; 03-27-2021, 08:59 AM.

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          So the issue was an external CC controlling the volume?

• arteom
          arteom commented
          Editing a comment
          correct, external cc controlling volume, but without going through process of it being assigned. which I found out of place.

Originally posted by Rmg____ View Post
        Hi, I noticed the issue of sliced playthru drifting when working with a regular chopped up drum loop, where sometimes I was just triggering short slices and other times holding the slice so more of the sample would play with playthru. On the longer held notes, I perceived it slowly going out of time (it turns out as more slices play one after another). The example is just meant as a way to highlight the issue, would a real world chopped drums example help?

Can confirm a similar effect: Samples were truncated in the pads and also when pre-listening while loading into a pad. Some samples were not displaying any waveform at all.

Re-formatted the SD-Card with SD Card formatter (no quick format), flashed 1.7.4 and then re-flashed 1.7.D and now samples load completely.
        So this problem could be remedied but I get random crashes and reboots, also reboot-loops.

So also going back to 1.7.4 for now. Zero subtext or grudge, appreciating the work you put into this fine device!!

Let me know if there is anything I can provide for debugging purposes!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Rmg____
          Rmg____ commented
          Editing a comment
          for what its worth, I'm not sure these are related - in my case there's nothing missing in the waveform and samples play normally in sample mode for me

• jsilence
          jsilence commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for this! Looks like I mixed stuff up.

Looooove the extra Performance! It’s amazing to play so many more notes at the same time without weird noises!

the swing seems to be broken though. I change the swing percentage and nothing happens. When I go back to 1.7.3 it’s normal again and swing is working.

plz help almost all my presets use swing
        Last edited by denizgarout; 04-03-2021, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          It has been reported and will be fixed.

• Aaron
          Aaron commented
          Editing a comment
          This is fixed in 1.7.F

• denizgarout
          denizgarout commented
          Editing a comment
          You guys are the best! I still can’t stress enough how amazing it is (for my use case) to play so many more voices without any cpu overload under 1.7! Until now I was only able to EITHER use it as a backing track playing my drums bass and stuff OR as an amazing sample instrument which I play live using for example multisamples. Now I can play a full backing track AND play chords or solos live all at once. I thought I’d have to wait for a BB Mark 2 to come out and I was fine with that.... but you really are making this machine better and better! Thanks!

Been playing on 1.7.D, absolutely no issues yet in my workflow. Seems quite a lot as a perfect stable release. Thank you team 1010. Much appreciate the release aron.

Comment

I have three Blackboxes, each running a different firmware. Have had no issues with any until yesterday when the latest, running 1.7.d, lost audio playback less than a minute into recording a new clip. I had perhaps four other clips of varying lengths playing at the same time and had to abort that recording and redo (it was fine then). This hasn't happened with my other two machines.
          I should stress I only use it to record audio, either regular lengths or custom, and never use the sequencer or song mode. It was using the card that came with it (but wiped of all factory content).
          Hope this is useful. Will report again if it recurs.

Comment

Been using 1.7d for a couple of days and it’s solid no issues at all. Thanks

Comment

No issues for me either. Though used it mostly as sequencer for external gear.

Comment

Version 1.7.F is now available.

Comment

Not sure if this is normal, slicer seems to drag and return. In cycle. Am on 1.7.D, am sure this was not a problem in 1.7.4.

Slice 1
                  loop on
                  quant size 1
                  sync On
                  beats 4

slice 2
                  loop on
                  quant size 1
                  sync On
                  beats 4

when played together, one of the slices would drag and lag behind at somepoint and later sync again and start to drag in a similar kind of a circular loop. Sync/lag/drag repeat.

Comment

• Steve
                    Steve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Can you share a packed preset or the audio files you are slicing?

seeing a bug in song mode. Later song sections skip some pads that are set to play at the very beginning of the sequence that is assigned to that song section. Specifically the problem pads won't play if set to play at step 1 of the sequence, if moved to step 2, they will play. If I deactivate song mode and play the sequence without song mode, no problems. If I have song mode on, and instead of starting at the beginning I go straight to the problem section, they also play as they should. If I start at section 1, then let it progress on it's own, at section 5 issue described will occur. Only here, section 6 doesn't show same behavior.

some background info. Each song section is set to the maximum - 32 bars. Each sequence has 32 steps with each step being 1 bar. So I have one sequence assigned to each song section. The problem doesn't seem to be with the sequence, I can copy the sequence to another sequence and assign that to the song section, it will have the same problem. This is not something that came with 1.7.f. I want to say I noticed it first in 1.7.3, but wasn't sure if the problem was isolated to specific preset, but now seeing it in another.

Comment

• scottp
                    scottp commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. This has been a problem since the very first firmware, and a serious one for me. Hoping this can be addressed.
                Working...
                X