No announcement yet.

Blackbox 1.7.D Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minor issue in 1.7.F with delay and reverb effects bleeding to output 1 despite pad being assigned elsewhere

1) loop a sample on a pad assigned to out 1; no effects; only out 1 connected to mixer
    2) change pad output to 2 (or 3, or 2R, 3L, etc)
    3) no audio heard (as expected)
    4) turn up either or both effects on the pad and they are then heard from out 1

also, perhaps part of the same bug, i don't hear effects from pads assigned to out 2/3 at all. they only work when the pad is assigned to out 1.

edit: went back to 1.7.D and this is still there, which makes me think that maybe fx are only designed for output 1 or something?
    Last edited by blobby; 04-30-2021, 04:47 AM.

Comment

You are correct. FX are returned to OUT1.

Comment

The duty cycle setting doesn’t seem to work in sequences when I send midi out to an external synth. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t this the setting that would shorten the note length when lowered? In the newest firmware it doesn’t do anything. I Didn’t test on internal samples yet…
        Last edited by denizgarout; 05-04-2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Some bugs I found.

multi-samping:
          - Monitoring doesn't work, only get to hear a little pop
          - When starting to record multi-samples whichever sequence is currently selected will start playing, no matter if you pressed OFF in the sequence page before
          - I've had this before I think: Sometimes some notes get recorded only a second later or so. It''s very hard to reproduce as it's only occassionally and I tend to just re-record and then it's fine.

Mute state get's reset when loading a new sample. Reproduction:
          - Mute a sample in the mixer that is playing
          - Load a different sample onto that pad
          - When you then go back to the mixer you will see that it's mute state is green, although you can't hear it because it actually IS muted

Comment

I have 1.7.F on all three of my machines now. Had something very odd happening yesterday with one of them: I had four loops playing but whenever I went into the record screen to record a fifth, one of the playing loops began running at double speed or some weird multiple. I'm externally synced. This was too distracting for me to record alongside so I stopped all the loops and stopped/started the clock source (an Elektron Octatrack) the next time I tried it worked as normal but later the problem recurred.

I filmed the behaviour on my phone if it's of any use?

Comment

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll watch it!

Link at https://wetransfer.com/downloads/db2...9073643/1dce29
            Hopefully it's clear(ish) what's going on, I realise I was talking over the start where the loop plays normally...

Comment

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              that is weird. Are the 2 pads in the video recorded audio clips? Can you send that preset?

• softroom
              softroom commented
              Editing a comment
              They are. All I ever do is record and launch audio clips
              I've added lots more audio since but will see if it's possible to grab just what was there then into a new preset. Will let you know. Whether it still behaves the same is another matter of course.

can you please please please edit the mute states for the mixer, it isn't saved whit the preset every time I open a project I have to mute the cells I have midi on

Comment

• denizgarout
              denizgarout commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t think it ever saved mute states but i would also need this! A work around is to turn the volume of the pads down to minimum. This gets saved and the pad is effectively muted then. But this way you can’t quickly unmute them…

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              this has always been the behavior of the MUTE states but we do hear the request to modify that behavior.

thanx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              that is weird. Are the 2 pads in the video recorded audio clips? Can you send that preset?
              Hi Steve,
              the preset had new stuff added later but I copied it to wetransfer just now with most of the samples removed (for space). More details in the wetransfer comments.
              https://wetransfer.com/downloads/65f...2120146/cb215e

Comment

is there anyway currently to change the default ADSR values?

Comment

Does this count as feedback? I'm on 1.7.F and am still unable to locate the main delay time I would want ( 1/4d ) ....

Comment

I m on 1.7.D but I think this could be usefull also as feedback for 1.7.d
                    yesterday I was working with a 9 minutes file just that on the black box on pad 1.
                    I decided to work on it on slice mode to work with my other synths as 8 part song.
                    After a pair of hours working without any issue the file suddenly disappear and no sound from the pad even if the wave was there on the upper timeline.
                    I turn the bb off and on a pair of times and the file is back.
                    Very strange I will attach a picture below

Comment

The picture I had to resize sorry
                      Attached Files

Comment

I know it's not a bug but..... could you PLEASE move the always-used option Rename away from the scary Delete option. I rename every recording as soon as I make it but I'm old, my fingers aren't exactly precise, you get the picture? Possibly the worst UI decision in the BB, imho.

Comment

Probably the biggest annoyance in using the blackbox for me is that I can't clear sequence data by instrument. Sometimes I just want to completely redo an idea after I've already laid down other tracks (making undo irrelevant), the only way to do so is then to manually go in and delete every single note as the "clear" option will clear the whole sequence. This would speed up my workflow personally exponentially.

Comment

• Steve
                            Steve commented
                            Editing a comment
                            great wish list item!
                        Working...
                        X