Clips from a live ambient session performed on the Blackbox only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clips from a live ambient session performed on the Blackbox only

So here's a short clip (compared to the long version), from an improvised ambient live session made with the Blackbox only. It was a very small and intimate event, not in the least given the circumstances, but it turned out really well. Clips and loops are from my Prophet 12 and field recordings are from my Deluge, all put together, mixed, arranged and performed from the BBox through an SSL SiX -
    https://soundcloud.com/circuitghost/...ckbox-anywhere

Really like this, nicely done.

Comment

NIcely done! The deluge can do field recordings? Or you mean field recordings played back on a deluge?

Comment

Originally posted by emji_herara View Post
        NIcely done! The deluge can do field recordings? Or you mean field recordings played back on a deluge?
        Deluge has a great built in mic for field recordings etc.

Comment

Didn't know that! ^ Nice

Comment

Sounds awesome, I dig all of the field recorded foley!

Comment

Thank you, all. You're very kind to take the time to listen and share your thoughts.

emji_herara And yep, the Deluge does great field recordings. Essentially, the mic just samples whatever it picks up, but since the Deluge applies limiting on whatever you record into it, you get a very specific, intimate sound to anything you record. Near field stuff such as voice, claps and such, can sound pretty thin but if the room ambience is nice, you get a sort of cosy, low fi atmosphere. I got this thing I do that when I hear a sound outside, if I'm out for a walk or such, I panic, run home like there's no tomorrow, grab the Deluge and my headphones while wife and kids try to reach me and ask what the hell's going on, until they see me reaching for the Deluge and the look in my eyes, and they go, "Oh, okay, Dad's working on his "music" again."

And off I go, like a mad man, to record stuff real time into the Deluge

Deluge output quality doesn't compare with the Blackbox, though, so I don't use the Deluge to write full tracks anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X