X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you 1010 for the fun distraction

Comment

Originally posted by softroom View Post

No great secret - I have three discrete work areas in my studio.
      I long ago discovered that having the whole studio on at all times was counter-productive so I divided things up in an effort to get more done (by reducing choices). Each area has a driving sequencer (e.g. Cirklon, Octatrack, Digitone) and a BlackBox connected to one of the buses of a mixer ready to grab anything I need. I even removed a Zoom multitracker from the most recent area as I prefer the long audio captures and free starts of the BB to conventional multitracking. Sixteen audio chunks is more than enough - this album was recorded on one of the setups:
      https://paulnagle.bandcamp.com/album/accidental-hermit
      Hope that helps, merry christmas!
      Right, I understand now! It never occured to me because my studio(lol) is only about 2ft square, The thought of someone having a whole room to work in, just never entered my mind. It certainly works for you, I had a listen on bandcamp and was most impressed, overawed would be a better description, you certainly have it all sorted. Bye for now!

Comment

Originally posted by whiteturbo View Post

Right, I understand now! It never occured to me because my studio(lol) is only about 2ft square, The thought of someone having a whole room to work in, just never entered my mind. It certainly works for you, I had a listen on bandcamp and was most impressed, overawed would be a better description, you certainly have it all sorted. Bye for now!
        I'm an older gentleman, been amusing myself with synths since the late 70s. The Blackbox was something I waited decades for without realising it.

Comment

Working...
        X