Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multisampling software

Hello,

Is there any way I can make multisample banks for the Blackbox on my mac, preferably free and cheap, where I can add both note number and velocity?

best
    Max

You can use the Tom Cosm external resampler https://gumroad.com/l/gjVM.
    Cheers

Comment

• shankiphonic
      shankiphonic commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris -
      very cool, bookmarked.
      have you used this specifically for creating velocity layered multisamples for the blackbox?
      Isn't there a little more nuance to the file naming in the blackbox than what's offered here? (which I feel silly saying, since it looks like this is very fully featured little software gadget).

• pro424
      pro424 commented
      Editing a comment
      This looks super cool and I’ll definitely download it but to second shankiphonic how does it handle velocity? Does it actually write note number and velocity to the sample or do you simply tell it what velocity to sample?

also - note there's a Facebook thread about this:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1010...41585599806703

curious if the tool Chris suggested fits the bill.

Comment

• pro424
      pro424 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m the one who started that thread hehe. The working method I presented there has a huge drawback: there is a few ms silence in the beginning of each sample and triming it away breaks the velocity data so after triming each sample I can no longer load the multisample correctly.

• shankiphonic
      shankiphonic commented
      Editing a comment
      oh - so you're playing Ableton samples like a virtual synth, and you're getting some latency?
      that's a drag.

• pro424
      pro424 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, which surprised me since I thought a round time latency of 5 ms wouldn’t be a problem but it clearly was.

It's been a long time that I used it, but I think you have to choose the velocity (0-127) and it will be a fixed value.

Comment

MPC beats is also a great option, is free and very easy to use. I use it for multisampling and preparing samples to slice

Comment

• pro424
        pro424 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can it do velocity as well?

• jpablo91
        jpablo91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you can

I have been looking into this over the last weeks and for sample creation and root note MPC Beats Auto Sample is great.
      For velocity, it is a bit more complex. Velocity data is stored on a WAV/RIFF inst chunk (you can think about chunk as tag).

It turns out that only few software read this tag (Ableton being one) and I didn't find any that actually write/edit it.

I end up writing a script in Python that just do this.
      Check this thread for more details: https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...supported-tags

I didn't made the script available yet but I'll probably post it on this forum once a bit more polished.

Comment

Working...
    X