Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question or feature request MIDI stuff

Hello

I didn't tried it but maybe someone did.

Is it possible to record a midi clip from all channels and lets say the keyboard sends on channel 2 then the clip will be played back on channel 2 as well?
    Also no pre-configuration of midi channels is needed, just send it where you got it from?

I plan to have a midi merge box for the midi in and a midi thru box for the output. So I can play on any keyboard I like and is going to played back on that.

Many thanks!

Best regards,
    mineral

Hi there,

I actually did not try it either. But from my experience with the blackbox I think about it as follows.

I don't think the sequences stores midi channels per node. It is actually organized as sequences per pads. So you can store subsequences for different pads in a singe sequence. These (so I think) can also be recorded into the sequence simultaneously. (I mean it obviously works for triggering the pads by hand, but may also work if there are played chromatically via midi).

The way to do what you described so implies to link channels to pads. So you can assign pad 1 to channel 1, pad 2 to channel 2 and so on. You have to assign it both ways (midi in and out). First is to be able to record midi channel events to the sequence (then associated to the pad for the channel). Then when you playback the sequence the second setting will send the pad's event triggered by the sequence to the associated midi channel.

So you need to configure this once for all channels and save it as a preset. But you don't need to reconfigure it when the midi setup changes.

A drawback - however - is that this will consume all the pads just for forwarding the notes to the channels. So you cannot do anything else at the same time.

Cheers,
    Dan Day

Comment

Working...
    X