Bought Sample sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Sample sets

Hiya, I am new to sampling and wonder if there is any recommended Sample sets that go well with the Blackbox, I'm into Techno,House etc and I wouldn't mind trying some more ambient or EDM or generally Chill stuff. I have never Bought Samples before so am looking for quality sample packs that you have actually experienced rather than what you just fancy. Also while I'm here, I have just got the bluebox just a few days ago and am looking for 500 mm stereo leads, any recommends there, or probably more important, what to avoid. I am trying to get away from the computer, so attempting to go Dawless with the blackbox at the centre, but am finding the song mode a bit confusing, to be expected I suppose with my lack of experience, I will probably avoid the song mode until later.

Splice is a good place to start, they have a great variety of styles. The quality of the samples is good and you just pick the ones you want.

Comment

We provide content from Soundtrack Loops, Loopmasters, Symplesound, and Soundopolis. All of these folks make great content.

Comment

I’ve purchased samples from Loopmasters (via their site and their app LoopCloud) and I think they are great.

Comment

Goldbaby has some quality sample sets. goldbaby

http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/index.html

Comment

For loops and one-shots, I've had success with both a Splice subscription and then a Loopcloud one. There's advantages to either one. Splice is great if you want the sound of a specific producer or something. Loopcloud has a nice software to be able to edit samples (change key, cut up, add FX) and test layering samples together, so at the moment I went with Loopcloud.

The one thing I am still looking for is a good pack or site for purely cinematic sound FX samples. I'd like to put some audio to video where good FX come in handy, but those I've found on those 2 sites were a bit lacking for that type of thing. I found a subscription site that offers those, but you have to buy a year in advance, so hadn't pulled the trigger yet.

Comment

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely check out Soundopolis.net. they are one of our content providers. The owner, Dave, is actually a production and post-production sound engineer for film, tv, and web. So his content is very heavy on foley, soundscapes, and more traditional effects for film/tv.

Thanks for that recommendation. I'll check them out

Comment

Working...
            X