Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time stretching rap acapellas to fit in sync.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time stretching rap acapellas to fit in sync.

Hey.
    I make mainly hip hop and house music (my house is inspired by hip hop), and I have been making beats upon beats with BB. It's my favorite piece of gear.

I recently tried to pull two different acapellas (both a minute long) onto a house beat and a hip hop beat, and BB could not keep them in sync. I tried clip mode and a slicer trick that chops up fine transients and keeps them in sync with play through.

I don't know what to do, please give me some advice. I know that most of you are seasoned BB users. I'm kind of looking for Shankiphonic to make a video on it. Would be very nice.

What are your sync settings? You may need to set the BeatCount instead of leaving it on Auto. You may also need to tweak the sync interval. Smaller intervals (1/16) are great for drums. But larger intervals work better for non-rhythmic content. What have you tried? A sliced sample with PlayThru enabled will not stay in sync like a Clip. You can sequence the slices.

Comment

• ohporter
      ohporter commented
      Editing a comment
      Is 1.7.F the latest firmware version?
      Also, yeah, I've went down to 1/16. I tried sequencing synced slices. It's hard to get an accurate beat count with a rap acapella (for me).

Maybe you guys could look into a 1/32 or 1/64 division for clips to sync to, or a time warp like Ableton live or MPC's as a new sample mode.

Another issue. I will pull an acapella from YT, the BPM being 81. I set BB at 81, then I sync the clip. It doesn't stay in sync, it instead plays much faster or slower than intended. I don't really know what to do.

Maybe it's the firmware. Hopefully I can figure it out soon, would be very helpful to me as BB is my centerpiece of my dawless set up. I don't even own a laptop.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      How are you creating the WAV file? Proper sync requires that the WAV be cut to a precise length. I'm not convinced a smaller sync interval is the right solution. If you'd like to share a preset or wave files I can look at your content.

I can do that for you.

Comment

Is 1.7.F the latest version?

Comment

Update: I've figured it out. Setting the correct beat count after manually counting and applying synced slices/clips work perfectly. Thanks for the insight Steve. You guys have created an amazing product never before seen in this form factor. I prefer this over an MPC any day. Thank you so much for helping me expand my creativity with this device. I will buy any desktop module you put out.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it worked out!

Comment

Working...
          X