Suggestion for portable/line in speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for portable/line in speaker

Hey all, last suggestion for now, wouldn't mind having a portable speaker solution that didn't rely on USB (other than to be charged I suppose) for power and was relatively small and decent sounding. Seems to be lots of random stuff on amazon but wondering if anyone maybe likes something for this purpose. thanks in advance.

Hello, I use a JBL GO2, small, good sounding and really affordable (+/- 28 )
    Cheers

Comment

A friend of mine uses the Minirigs. Pretty impressed when he brought one over
      https://minirigs.co.uk/

Comment

I still use an old Altec Lansing Orbit speaker. Runs on 3 AAAs for a while. The issue I have with newer rechargeable speakers is that most will automatically mute after a span of silence as a battery-saving feature. This means when you start playing again, you lose the first few notes while it turns its amp back on.

Comment

I can confirm that, and it's a real bummer. I have a great-sounding Marshal Stockwell II bluetooth speaker, which is big and would be great for playing portably... if it didn't mute itself when it didn't sense sound. A nice trick for these kinds of speakers is to ''sacrifice'' a pad that would always play some soft of very, VERY low pitches sine wave. So low that it would neven be heard... but it would trick the ''gate'' of the speaker to think there is signal, and that should be more than enough to keep it open.

Comment

I also have a BT Marshall but one of the smaller versions (Kilburn). It is small(ish) but sounds great and puts out a lot of sound for the size. It’s relatively heavy but the battery seems to last forever. And it looks cool.
            I scored it cheap because I happened to be looking when the newer model was released (with a lot of new features I don’t want).

Comment

Hi everybody!

I use a Bose soundlink mini, rechargable, very portable good sounding for its size.
              Have not noticed if it turns itself off after a period of no input.
              (also solid bluetooth)
              /Martin

Comment

Hi,

I have a JBL Xtreme 3 (stereo and loud) for home/garden, and hotel use, and a JBL charge 4 if I need to pack lighter for foreign trips. Both have a headphone jack to connect audio into and last for 15 hours

Comment

JBL Charge 3 for over a year now, what a good purchase this was! (turn off menu sound with the app and all cool)

Comment

Working...
                  X