Triggering stems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggering stems.

So I have the stems loaded into a present but can’t figure out how to launch all of them at the same time. What step am I missing? All stems are the full length of the song.

I guess I should clarify these are tracks from the record I am trying to play as samples. Bass, perc, synths and so on.

Comment

Please start here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...L_BrN7tqwjBrwC

There is a video specifically covering Clips. You may also run into sync issues if you simply play them all in Sample Mode. However, I am confident we can help you but it will help US if you can understand some of the basics functions of the device first. There are several strategies to achieving your outcome.

Comment

Ok I’ve had this for a year and know my way around it enough to play using clips but this is different. Let me explain. All tracks are from the studio recording with exact start times.Stems are sent to me and I put them in Ableton to make sure everything is lined up and syncing from start to finish. I then take those stems and put them in a preset in the Black Box. So let’s say I have 4 long playing samples bass, perc, synths loaded. How do I launch them all at the same time? Right now I have to hit every pad at the same time with my fingers, can’t I just hit play on the transport?

Comment

• shankiphonic
          shankiphonic commented
          Editing a comment
          as clips, you should be able to "arm" them for play with transport by tapping each of them separately.
          otherwise, load them into pads 1-4, then create a sequence in PADS mode that has pads 1-4 all starting at the same on step 1. arm the sequence. hit play.

Hey Shank thanks for the thoughts. So if in clip mode it will quantize right? I don’t want that, they are not loops. All the stems are @ 0 start and play the entire song. So doing DD on the back end when they are loaded in BB they just need to start all at the same time with 1push of a button. That’s all I need multi stems READY to just play ALL at the same time. Now that said I have hooked up a midi keyboard and launched it by pressing keys but it seems to transpose BPM with different notes. Im lost really shooting a flare trying to get some help. I don’t want to bring a laptop to this show coming up, there has to be a way to fire multiple pads it sample mode all at the same time. Feel like it’s right in front of me but just can’t sort it.

Comment

• shankiphonic
          shankiphonic commented
          Editing a comment
          First, load stems into pads as samples,
          Then create a sequence in PADS mode that has the corresponding pads, all starting at the same on step.
          Arm the sequence. hit play.

Have you tried creating a sequence?

Comment

Clips do not need to loop. Change the LaunchMode to Trigger and it will play once. You can start/stop all 16 simultaneously from an external MIDI keyboard/controller.

Comment

I've been having a similar issue, just got my BB yesterday and exported drums/bass and keys that all line up in my DAW but when I put them each as separate tracks to play on the BB the keys/bass are off time with the drums. There's seems to be quite a bit of lag while the drums seem to play fine.

Comment

Working...
            X