Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggering pads with Kieth McMillen 12 Step controller

Hi guys

Just got a Blackbox to upgrade my foot pedal rig. My needs for this machine are way simpler than most... but I've yet to have my "Aha" moment.

I want to control the individual pads with my Keith McMillen 12Step foot controller... one sampled pad per note (12 total per song). So far, I can assign a note and get the foot controller to play a pad... but the rest of the keys on the foot controller will only play that same pad with the pitch shifted up or down.

How do I assign a separate sample to each note on the foot controller? There's gotta be a way!

My ultimate goal is to have a way to play sampled parts via foot controller in real time. I play bass in a 3 piece band, and use the foot controller to fill in rhythm parts and chords while the guitarist is soloing. We have a drummer, so I don't need a time clock on anything... just the ability to go from one sample to the next when I hit the pedal.

For example... A simple, 3-chord song may need an organ sound to fill it out. On pad one... I sampled an organ playing a G chord for 2 bars. On pad two... a C chord. And pad three... a D chord. If I could just line those three samples up next to each other on the foot controller... Boom! We have an invisible keyboard player! Additional samples could have chord inversions, riffs, and even more than one sampled instrument per song. Rhythm guitar parts, horn parts... I could hear 'em all!

Currently... my foot controller is running a low-end Pianobox Pro sound module. I can program up to 5 notes per pedal, and I have our whole show mapped out... but the sounds are basic GM... and I only like a few of them.

Any illumination would be most appreciated!

Thanx jds
Working...
X