No announcement yet.

blackbox 1.9 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the update, it's almost like the perfect sampler for me with the new additions.

I have a an issue where I record a clip, loop it and then when I record a new pad the previously recorded pad starts playing double time and higher pitch. When I press stop and start on all the pads they're back to normal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Esq...ew?usp=sharing

Using a Kingston Canvas Select Plus 16gb card and powered using the original 2.5A PSU with a Novation Launchcontrol XL powered by the 1010 USB bus in low power mode and the new MIDI based recording of cells.

Bit of a weird bug but I want to use this for live looping of clips in real time.
    Last edited by MornValley; 09-30-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Hello! I've found a new bug, sometimes MIDI notes just stop working, and after I unplug-plug the MIDI cable to BB everything works fine. It is very random. The same is happening with MIDI clock, but to restore the clock to work I need reboot by power-off\on

DEMO
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/16aM...ew?usp=sharing
      Last edited by xinkiex; 09-30-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        I need more info. How is the blackbox powered? What are your MIDI settings, etc?

• xinkiex
        xinkiex commented
        Editing a comment
        BB is powered with a default power supply from the box. MIDI Pads: ch2, MIDI Keys: ch1, Clock source: All, ProgChange: OFF
        MIDI cable connected to MIDI IN

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe a video would be better. also, which USB power cable are you using?

• This exact thing happens to me too when i leave it on overnight. I come back and often get no sound from a pad trigger or MIDI not working. Restarting it fixes it

Comment

• 1.9.B has some really cool features, but the encoder issues and clocking bugs have me loading 1.7 back on my machine. Not ready for prime time.

Comment

• 1.9b is just perfect in features, but I have to reboot very often because of the clocking and encoder issues. Still I'll hang to 1.9 hoping that stable release is near.

Comment

• 1.9.E is now available. Please confirm that it fixes the encoder issues.

Comment

• thatstreal
              thatstreal commented
              Editing a comment
              Download link not working

• Aaron
              Aaron commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. This is now fixed.

• Thx Aaron but the DL link is broken!

Comment

• blobby
              blobby commented
              Editing a comment
              this seems to be it: <link redacted>

• 1) the link is here <link redacted>

2) right off the encoder appeared to still be busted trying to change the BPM from the song menu. goes wrong way half the time and also seems to be stuck between 120-130. i think maybe connecting a USB device to the machine did it? however i just reset and now it works... so likely a step in the right direction but gremlins persist. 1.9 rules otherwise

edit: nope the encoders are still fully cooked lol
            Last edited by blobby; 10-01-2021, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Michal Ho
              Michal Ho commented
              Editing a comment
              I can confirm the tempo encoder response becomes weird when the sequencer is running. Apart from that, 1.9.E seems stable. No major encoder issues here.
              Update: had encoder issues in 1.9.E after starting a fresh preset and recording the first sample to a pad.
              Last edited by Michal Ho; 10-03-2021, 04:25 AM.

• Thanks all for helping provide the correct link. I have fixed the original post and added an upgrade guide. Enjoy.

Comment

• Youngtoto415
              Youngtoto415 commented
              Editing a comment
              As always, massive thanks for everything

Edit: After a little bit of playing around I experienced the same encoder bug. Also the track slowdown, changing the track tempo does not fix the issue
              Last edited by Youngtoto415; 10-01-2021, 08:12 PM. Reason: feedback

• I’m seeing the same encoder bug. 1.9.E. Anyone else?

edit: I'm seeing the encoder bug by turning on machine and not touching it for 5 mins. Then trying to turn a encoder triggers the bug
            Last edited by peachnoise; 10-02-2021, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Youngtoto415
              Youngtoto415 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I got it after ~5 minutes of playing with the LFO's

• Michal Ho
              Michal Ho commented
              Editing a comment
              Which firmware version? On 1.9.E the encoders are stable so far.
              Update: also seeing encoder issues now on 1.9.E
              Last edited by Michal Ho; 10-03-2021, 04:26 AM.

• Youngtoto415
              Youngtoto415 commented
              Editing a comment
              Currently on 1.9.E, Will try 1.9.B1 momentarily

• hello, it may be that I have a wrong approach, but if I just want to use the blackbox as a sequencer, for external midi, then I just can't get the notes to be recorded e.g. via midi keyboard or internal keyboard. I only don't understand the sense of a midi sequence if it is actually intended for that?

Comment

• For those with encoder problems, please check the download links and give version 1.9.B1 a try. Please post your results here. Please make sure to mention which version you test.

Thank you.

Comment

• blobby
                blobby commented
                Editing a comment
                YES YES YES working now

• Hi,
              Where did you downloaded 1.9.3?
              I only can find 1.9.B

Comment

• Hello, thank you for this great update. I have used all versions of firmware. Today it is the 1.9E all is well compared to your corrections. Note that I have never had encoder problems.
                My worries are elsewhere
                I still don't understand why you have to load a sample in a step to be able to play notes with a MIDI keyboard. I understood the new manipulations to skip the sequence at MIDI so as not to play the sample afterwards. But why is it not possible to have the pad directly in MIDI?
                A plan to have the LFO to modulate the FX?

But my biggest problem is to connect my korg wavestate in MIDI host USB with the BB.
                I saw and heard the live of Aaron , cool I read in the credits that you used the sound of the wavestate, I guess you have one.
                I tried everything and the wavestate always ended up freezing with the BB. This looks like a MIDI loop
                Do you have the same problems, thanks

Laurent

Hello, the rest of my tests ...

After a lot of back and forth I noticed that a lot of my PSETs are corrupted, they save the errors.
                A new PSET: MIDI Keys ch 1 PAD Gate MIDI in 2 MIDI out 2 always with a sample loaded into the PAD and everything works normally and my Korg Wavestate no longer crashes.
                The following pad with the same configuration and different midi channels works well.
                ​​​​​​​Always with Beta 1.9E
                Last edited by LLT_LLT; 10-03-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                  For those with encoder problems, please check the download links and give version 1.9.B1 a try. Please post your results here. Please make sure to mention which version you test.

Thank you.
                  Hi Aaron,

I still had problems with the encoders on 1.9.3, but 1.9.B1 is working sweet

Comment

Working...
                  X