No announcement yet.

blackbox 1.9 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you fixed the problem of the audio sync problem of the slicer mode ? When a long slice is playing (i.e : a long song), the sound is getting slightly out of sync with the tempo, as time runs out. No problem when I load the song in sample mode or even clip, but I need slices.

Otherwise this update is amazing, it's goin to be huge when it'll be fixeD.
    I hope we could expect an EQ per samples (but maybe it's too much)

Comment

• jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      EQ and some easy pad side chain trick at least for one source to duck one or more other pads

• The midi commands to trigger a pad's recording, are awesome - opens new horizons, like using the BB as a 16-part live looper. WOW. But I am frustrated that all the hard work put in settings all the pads properly (e.g loop direction, pad behavior like gate, CC messages to control level and pa0, etcn) - are all gone once a pad is erased to create space for a new recording. It is impossible to create a template that would define how pads and samples should behave as default (including the assignment of CC messages). Setting up the defaults for each pad is tedious process, and it is very frustrating that these things cannot just be done once-for-all, but need to be done every time one works on a new set. Could we find a solution for this?

Comment

• peachnoise
      peachnoise commented
      Editing a comment
      Defaults: Why can't you just create a template as a start point with everything then it's just a button press away? I don't really understand why you can't do that

• audiosampling
      audiosampling commented
      Editing a comment
      That is the exact problem : creating a template doesn't help. Settings are gone, when you have to clear a pad to leave place for a new recording.

• 1.9.E - encoder bugs soon after starting. This was selecting a kick drum sample (first sample) for a fresh preset.
    1.9.B1 - no problems yet, so far so good. Three samples selected.

Comment

• Michal Ho
      Michal Ho commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting!
      I had encoder problems only on 1.9.3,
      but they went away with 1.9.B1.
      Edit: having encoder issues on 1.9.E now. Happened after recording a sample to a pad.
      Might have to roll back to B1.
      Last edited by Michal Ho; 10-03-2021, 05:17 AM.

• Problem with 1.9E: the playback of long clips will randomly mute after a moment and the waveform will have "holes" .

Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20211003_164947.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	28191

Comment

• Georges
      Georges commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not think that this issue is new. Try Save As New Preset to check whether the occurrence of the issue goes down. Plus, when it occurs, reloading the sample solves it. Maybe the occurrence of this issue is linked with XML schema updates due to the implementation of new features?

• on B1
    No encoder issue so far.
    Slicer still does not loop and only seems to work as trigger.
    Anyone else having slicer problem or just my end?

Comment

• Georges
      Georges commented
      Editing a comment
      confirmed, not sure whether it’s a feature or a bug, for I have only started using slicing recently

• jerichojack
      jerichojack commented
      Editing a comment
      I also can't loop slices on 1.9B1 (but I'm very excited to see that bidirectional slice looping is on the docket!)

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for confirming.

• Problem with 1.9E: the playback of long clips will randomly mute after a moment and the waveform will have "holes" .
    I had this too with the original 1.9 beta

Comment

• manonthelivingroad
      manonthelivingroad commented
      Editing a comment
      same thing here, happened with 1.9 beta, still need to check if this persists on 1.9,b1

• Hi, the encoder issue was so bad on 1.9e for me that I could not use the knobs at all. So I went back to the last version of 1.7 and i'm still having encoder issues. it's like 1/4 of the encoder movement works then it goes backwards and then all over the place. I hope it's not the physical encoders that are going bad.

I just discovered something that may or may not have something to do with the encoders acting up. If I restart with no midi connection I get ok encoder movement. As soon as I plug in a midi cable, the encoders start acting up to the point of jumping everywhere. I'm using a simple midi in connection with no automation.

Last edited by Saulstokes; 10-03-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Youngtoto415
      Youngtoto415 commented
      Editing a comment
      Try 1.9.b1
      that fixed my encoder issues completely

• Saulstokes
      Saulstokes commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks for letting me know there was an alternate. I did just load this and I'm still having problems although it seems to be better. Upper left knob still sends the parameters all over the place. Also, the outline that focus on each of the virtual knobs randomly moves around even with hands off.

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      B1 solved the encoder issue here. Try a fresh format and update b1.

• On B1, absolutely love how the back and info buttons remember the last navigation screen. Helps speed up the workflow. Thanks, aaron.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Also the display of wav form seems to be best i have seen so far, the file seems to load fast to display and the wav form is crisp, zooming in and out seems much better.

• B1 seems to have solved my encoder issue. But is anyone getting overlapping text on this screen?

I don't recall it looking broken before.

Side note: Scrolling the start and end of long stems is a major pain! would love to zoom out more or have the scrolling upscale faster like an idevice.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20211004_042302554.jpg Views:	15 Size:	4.32 MB ID:	28205

EDIT: I think it's normal but it's just the UI isn't dealing with a long sample very well
    Last edited by peachnoise; 10-03-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Previously had problems with 1.9.B upgraded from 1.7.D (encoder issues more than anything else).

Now on 1.9.B1 and (encoder) issues seem to be resolved

Comment

• hello 1010, hi users...

ok i was on 174F and decided to finally move forward on B1. great update, no bug for me. except sometimes (can't reproduce this, actually) when recording samples : record sample, try to edit/ trim it => BUMMER ! sample can't play anymore... Rebooting did "solve" that (well not "solve" but i could carry on). LFO is a GREAT fonction, there is so many way to use, what a fun ! the pad UI is better, also. thanks !

Comment

• Thanks for the feedback all. We have integrated some new fixes with the encoder (potentiometer) fix. Version 1.9.F is now available. Please let us know how it works for you.

Comment

• dertranb
            dertranb commented
            Editing a comment
            hi aaron,

a simple question : is B1 the same version as F ??? i saw the B1 disapeared from the update post...

• Michal Ho
            Michal Ho commented
            Editing a comment
            dertranb
            No, F has slice loops, duty cycle works again, LFO waveform change is instant, etc.

• Hi Aaron, 1.9.F seems to have solved the encoder issue for me. Thank you for addressing.

Comment

• Thanks for all the updates! Will directly through it on stage this Friday. Happy it got more and more stabilized.

For my live manipulations the (already mentioned and requested) change in the order of the EQ types would be amazing. To have the parametric type first, since it doesn't directly change the sound. How it works only if prepared well before, but harder for improvisations.

I personally would also not mind having the EQ on the other outs as well, since I barely use the master out. (Same for the FXs).

Thanks so much for the constant development!

Comment

• dertranb
              dertranb commented
              Editing a comment
              yes, that is a thing. so yes, like you, i found it odd that delay/verb could not be routed WITH their own sends.... (on the proper output) but only on 1... so i decided to use the output1 only for the fx returns, 2 for the common sounds and 3 for the solo sounds, routed to a mixer/recorder (multitracking). i may in the futur use mono outputs in order to have 4 tracks for the sounds (common/solo) and keep the 1 for the fx, in order to be able to post prod the tracks after perfomance...

now there is an EQ, and that is more problematic in my workflow : i could use it only on fx return : it seems very nice, but sorry no use for me. in fact i would prefer "EQ per pad", but i would be afraid that it would kill the cpu... maybe a very simple 3 band param. EQ (like ableton simple "EQ Three" for example) would be a great opportunity to shape the pads... (with or without CC controls within it...)
              Last edited by dertranb; 10-05-2021, 05:19 AM.

• fruitnut
              fruitnut commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree about changing the order of the EQ types. Impossible to use live as it is now.

• 1.9F is latest: https://forum.1010music.com/forum/ta...ckbox-1-9-beta

Comment

Working...
            X