No announcement yet.

blackbox 1.9 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LFO seems to have no effect on the sample pad. Maybe i am missing something ? Can anybody post a working video of their lfo screen ? It be helpful.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no, surely missing. Where do you assign ?

• Michal Ho
      Michal Ho commented
      Editing a comment
      At the parameter you want to control. Filter? Go to filter and press 'info', choose LFO from the sources.
      Last edited by Michal Ho; 09-04-2021, 06:53 AM.

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. Found. Thanks. Working.

is there anyone who cant set the pad from sample to midi? if i choose the option and turn the knob, it jumps to the frontpage where the filter knob is.
    in other words i cant change the option for pad mode.

i also got no midi data in.. but this is for sure my fault.. i tried a lot (midi clock in) but blackbox wont react ^^

ive tested i bit and can show u a small video how the pad button reacts, if i turn.
    blackbox sends midi but dont recieve a clock ( setting is set to all)

https://youtu.be/gqn16Wp3g0I
    Last edited by beazmusix; 09-04-2021, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Christine
      Christine commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you want to set a sequence to MIDI.
      Also,
      The pads are having fits when they are not loaded. Load a Wav file and it should behave better. We will be fixing bugs next week.

• beazmusix
      beazmusix commented
      Editing a comment
      then i misunderstood that i guess. in other words, i have to put a sample on a pad, mute it and than i can record midi notes to sequences right?
      thats how it usually works :P or i dont get it. thanks for feedback

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      beazmusix push the SEQ button, touch the bar at the top of the screen - the options are Pads, Keys, & MIDI. Choose MIDI to send MIDI directly out without the need for Pads.

REALLY like the new interface, it all starts looking really slick now.

Testing the LFO (my dream feature) and had the following observations:

- The free running LFO speed is measured in %. But % of what? At least not the MIDI clock as far as I can tell. What speaks against using milliseconds for fast settings and seconds for slower ones?
    - The free-running LFO is pretty fast, even on the smallest setting. Having much slower speed (like 60 seconds for all full cycle) would be awesome.
    - When the LFO is tempo synched (only way to achieve pretty slow cycles), it doesn't react to tempo changes unless the pad is re-triggered.
    - Settings the LFO modulation can be a little bit mind bending. You can set the modulation amount from -100 to 100 but there are both, positive and bi-polar waveforms. So what happens when I set the modulation of a parameter to -100 with a bi-polar LFO?
    - Should I be exited because the virtual knob for the LFO waveforms still has unused space when on the last available waveform?
    Last edited by Klaustrophil; 09-04-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

The new interface looks amazing. Very very happy about the LFOs, now I can finally modulate the Blackbox instead of having it as a static sampler. I think I agree with having the LFOs global instead of per voice in order to use several on one voice and none on others but would have to see how this would be implemented GUI wise. The granular mode is much better, and more in league with other granular samplers. I would hope to see more LFO slots on the granular parameters as that is what makes it come alive. Again, here is where multiple LFOs would be more functional instead of assigning all to one LFO per voice. The LFO capability on panning is something I've been dreaming of. Thank you!

Comment

I can no longer find 'Quant Size' for Clip and Slicer.
        I suppose it's one of the temporary omissions from this beta?

Edit: found it for Slicer, but no luck in the Clip settings...

All in all, an amazing update!
        Last edited by Michal Ho; 09-04-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
          Kaaareeegar commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the quant size is missing from clip. Also toggle, gate, trigger for slices all work only as trigger. I cannot toggle and gate slices. I also cannot seem to make loop work for slicers neither forward or bi.

• Kaaareeegar
          Kaaareeegar commented
          Editing a comment
          Slicer seems to sync though with the quant size and tempo.

• Michal Ho
          Michal Ho commented
          Editing a comment
          Kaaareeegar "toggle, gate, trigger for slices all work only as trigger." Same with Granular mode, only Trigger launch works. Looping also does not work as expected in Granular.

It looks like setting an LFO to "beat" causes it to reset if the pad is played so it's acting like "trig" is enabled. I consider this a bug.

Comment

• Michal Ho
          Michal Ho commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe this helps; it does not happen when the Pad is triggered from a sequence.

this is a really huge and great update. Sorry to be a downer but there are plans to incorporate some or all of these features into the bitbox mk2 I hope!!!

Comment

Second Blackbox arriving tomorrow. I might have to paint that one magenta, so I don't confuse them.

Comment

A very great major update! Thanks a lot! Specially LFO is so much appreciated!
            Will the Delay Time be modulatable again?

Comment

I've been using the granular mode quite a lot. Is it me or did its behaviour completely changend?
              Speed takes a time till something happens. All in all it's seems the old version was way more drastically. Well, I can "compensate" this with new filter reso. It sounds so nice.
              It's like having a new device. I should have bought a 2nd Blackbox to use both firmwares simultaneously.

Comment

This update looks insane! Sold my blackbox a few months ago and got the bitbox micro. I really hope to see some of these features come to the bitbox micro (at least just resonance, envelope modulation and the new expanded granular options).
                great job 1010music team! Looking forward to see what people do with this new update!

Comment

Thank you!!!! Filter res and granular modes sound great

Bug?: info for blank pad > then info again > playing with the knobs that affect sample type and trigger type cause that pad to "crash" (all menus are blank screens)

Love that on a mini-screen with only 2 parameters (e.g. the second granular screen), all physical knobs are utilized. I.e. the top right parameter slot is empty but the top right knob affects the top left parameter. Would love to see this on the Bluebox as well

Comment

I was really looking forward to trying this out as I've been waiting for it for months, though I was disappointed to see that multi-sample recording is currently broken as that's what I mainly do with my blackbox when capturing patches from my modular setup. Really hope that this is remedied soon as I would really love to otherwise see the new firmware.

Comment

Huge thanks to the 1010 team for this update! Really excited to get it loaded, but I also think I'll wait until multi-sampling is back, as I do that regularly.

Now that we have so much more midi control over recording/looping, I really hope that LED feedback for midi controllers can be implemented. If I'm in the middle of a set and live looping, I'd rather be able to tell what's going on by looking at my Launchpad Pro MK3 and Midi Fighter Twister. I imagine some of the actions might happen behind the scenes without the screen updating. Anyone using all the MIDI controlled rec/loop functions yet, am I crazy?
                    Last edited by davidjames; 09-04-2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      see my comment in this thread for a workaround.

Possibly a bug :
                    Load old preset in the latest update / Lfo beat settings do not save. And resets to beat sync off everytime the preset is saved and reloaded. Other settings seem to save well.

Update seems solid otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X