No announcement yet.

blackbox 1.9 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have the same problems with the 'buggy' encoders on all pages. The values are jumping and totally random. I have copied 1.9B to the SD card and replaced the former .bin file which was version 1.7. Even a reboot doesn't change the behaviour of the encoders.

Edit: I have formatted the SD card now completely and copied a new download version of 1.9B to it. After flashing the encorders are now behaving well again.
    Last edited by yesterdazed; 09-11-2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
      Kaaareeegar commented
      Editing a comment
      Having the same encorder issue. Let me flash the update again and see. Hope it works.

Excellent update. Finally modulation. Spent a few hours on this today and all is good.

Comment

I have also the encoder problem. This happens when I heavily use the upper right encoder. And when it happens the tempo of playing clips turns up 20-30 bpm. Only restart helps to get back to normal encoder behavior. Hope this helps to find the problem.

Comment

Also having the encoder problem with1.9b, only with pad ASDR

Comment

MAJOR BUG ALERT!

Yesterday i was a bit too excited and confident about the new 1.9B update that i changed the firmware before playing a show that night, since the previous version was working fine on my machine. After 20 minutes of playing, the clock suddenly went from 85bpm to something around 120bpm! The tempo on the screen didn't change and what was worse was that NONE of the encoders worked properly: they were completely stuck in a super small range of values so it was impossible to change anything (tempo, filter, pitch, etc..)... only solution was to switch off the box in the middle of the gig hahahhaha (luckily the music i make is pretty messy so the crowd didn't really notice. pays off to say you play "experimental" music when shit goes bad).

So yes, i know this is still a testing version and i was willing to take a risk to play a show with it in spite of, but i think it's VERY important to fix this! Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Comment

• fruitnut
            fruitnut commented
            Editing a comment
            Was the clock set to internal ord external? Looks like you're not alone experience this issue

• renacuajo
            renacuajo commented
            Editing a comment
            i was sending out clock info to my buddy i was playing with, so the setting was in internal.

Slam dunk of an update. Awesome!

Loving the LFOs and the new Granular UI is fun playing with.

Some minor kinks, but hey, its beta.

Comment

I'm another that's getting this annoying encoder bug. Cannot reproduce it, but it wrecks my session

Comment

Life is good.

Comment

In the latest 1.9.B, I found what seems to be a bug. I record a sample in using audio in to a pad. I then use the encoders to adjust the start and length values. When I go through the menus to File > Trim and select trim and save, the unit reboots. It seemed not to do that the first one or 2, but then started doing it each time. I tried renaming the file first (to not have the default RC name), but it still did it.

Comment

• byrdinbbylon
                  byrdinbbylon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did try in a newly created preset. At first I thought it was working better, as I trimmed a couple samples without issue, but on the third one I tried I got the crash/reboot.

I may downgrade back to the old firmware so I can get my samples recorded and will check back when some bugs have been sorted out.

• shankiphonic
                  shankiphonic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aaron - I'm seeing this too. here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWokdWiJgGw

• byrdinbbylon
                  byrdinbbylon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for doing the video. Shows how it's kind of intermittent, or it seems to wait a few times before doing it.

• hum... this update is VERY attractive... but i will wait another week or 2, for i've got a small gig coming, that i don't want to mess it up....

Comment

• renaming a file appears to suffer a new bug: when you rename a file name which uses the maximum number of characters available and when you tap backspace, the last letter is above the cursor and can’t be deleted. Workaround: delete one character, then rename again, now works as expected.

Comment

• Hi everyone, has there been any word on getting the encoder update fixed? It's affecting all my old projects now. Once I restart it's fine for 10 or so mins then it appears again.

Comment

• I‘m also experiencing the sudden tempo switch followed by encoder malfunction.
                      Could not identify any cause.

Comment

• Thanks for the great update. Love the midi recording.

Feature request/improvement:
                        I think it would be great with a midi recording option to let the REC toggle CLEAR+REC or as now, just REC. For midi controllers with limited pads/banks (eg. MPD218) it would be great to not have clear and rec take up 2 full pad banks.

Bug:
                        Seems like mapping something to slice playback slice or playback variant (forwards/backwards/random etc) doesn't work. Tested with Midi CC and with LFO. Would be cool to be able to control via CC.

Comment

• Steve
                          Steve commented
                          Editing a comment
                          PLEASE add feature requests to the wish list as that is where they belong. Thanks for reporting the bug

• Isak126
                          Isak126 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks. Will do that!

• Regarding fx:
                        • new GUI lends itself very nicely to fx menus appreciate the control.
                        • Delay sounds great
                        • when a pad has delay and reverb on it, the the delay feedback sounds like it has no reverb on it, but the original sound has reverb. Is that accurate? Maybe this is intentional?
                        • this suggests that delay, and not reverb is at the end of the chain.
                        • my expectation for combined use of delay and reverb is that reverb would be at the end of the chain. i.e. delay feedback/tails go through reverb.
                        additional feedback to follow in other posts.
                        thanks for the big update.

Comment

Working...
                        X