No announcement yet.

blackbox 1.9 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also experiencing weird encoder issues. Things seemed to work ok but when I got into FX and drilled down into a DLY screen for a pad, things got very weird. The encoders started doing multiple things at the same time, very random. I don't have steps to replicate, but it happened pretty quickly.

Comment

• Here's a video that shows some of the encoder glitches:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bvC...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Nice update! I have found sometimes MIDI controls for PADs are not working and I'm just reconnecting MIDI in BB and it works again, or reboot helps.

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Please provide more details. TRS? USB? WHICH controls, etc?

• Like some have reported, been facing encoder glitches. And not able to still loop slices, only works as trigger. Sync works.

Comment

• Kaaareeegar
          Kaaareeegar commented
          Editing a comment
          Firmware is 1.9.b

• Kaaareeegar
          Kaaareeegar commented
          Editing a comment
          The encoders glitch anytime in the preset, cannot work with bb at all. Should i backup and format the sd and update the firmware again ? How can i solve it on my end ? It did not happen the first time i flashed the update, only after a couple of days of working having this issue.

• The encoder issues I encountered manifest as one encoder changing values in the same parameter block, not associated with the encoder. Pot encoder test showed everything normal hardware side. 1.9.B

Comment

• Dear all,

Thanks for reporting the various issues, including the encoder problems. Steve and I are both on the road until next week and won't have much chance to look at it. Rest assured we will dig in when we get back.

See you at Superbooth.

Comment

• Lots of strange encoder behaviour since I installed 1.9B here as well: knobs will affect random parameters. This happens on various screens (i.e. on the 'Pad' screen, turning a knob will randomly switch between horizontal and vertical pad selection, tweaking the pitch encoder will affect resonance, etc.). Values also can't be accessed beyond a restricted range. Oddly enough, the glitch seems to have appeared after a few days rather than immediately. Rebooting temporarily fixes things, but not for long.

Also: after doing a 'Save As' from an existing preset (from a template, for example), I am no longer able to save any further changes until I reboot.

Edit: Went back to 1.9.3 and the encoder problems seem to be gone.
            Last edited by michaeltrommer; 09-14-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• fruitnut
              fruitnut commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the same save problem.

• For those that are reporting the "Encoder" issue... please reformat an SD card using SD Card Formatter. Reflash a fresh firmware file.

Please report back and let me know if this helps.

Comment

• Michal Ho
              Michal Ho commented
              Editing a comment
              I tried this, but no luck;
              did an overwrite format of the card with the official formatter and put a freshly downloaded 1.9.B on the card. (stock card that came with the BB)
              Loaded a few samples for testing. Used clips, sequences and samples only. No grains, no slices.
              After less than an hour: tempo jumps, encoders go haywire.
              Still no clear cause. No MIDI connected, regular power source.

• Kaaareeegar
              Kaaareeegar commented
              Editing a comment
              I did the same as mentioned steve. Format and flashed the firmware fresh. And soon enough, started to have encoder issues. In 10 mins or so.

Working on older firmware presets. Somebody here wrote the 1.9. Previous firmware was working fine, it had bugs but not the encoder bug. Atleast the firmware was workable, with 1.9.b and encoder issues it is hardly usable. Hope this resolves soon.

• Kaaareeegar
              Kaaareeegar commented
              Editing a comment
              I rolled back the update to 1.9.3 and the encoder issue is no more there.

• awesome update!

but sometimes when i save a project, the LFO settings for particular pads are set back to the initial settings. LFO's on other pads are saved normal.

and maybe for future updates: it would be realy nice if it was possible to route the ADSR as modulation source
            and what i'm also missing is a distortion fx

Comment

• I also get the encoder issues immediately. This version is unusable. Whenever I have done the firmware flash I use the original microSD card which came with my Blackbox. I have never had problems before.

Is it possible for you to provide the 1.9.3 firmware you released originally? Even with the known issues it was at least usable.

Comment

• Here is another weird behaviour, which is related to the new bitbox-like menu layout in the Pos tab: If you are in clip mode, put on sync, now switch to sample mode and it appears that sync persists. I haven’t tried to reproduce it but I’ll give it a try again and report back.

Comment

• hi, thanks for the awesome update! one question about midi recording.
                  i can play notes directly with the keyboard on the blackbox but if i start recording, nothing recorded to the sequence.
                  i can just type in notes in the grid of the sequence. i also enabled midi rec on and choosed mid on the sequence ( midi out 1)
                  is there something iam missing?

Comment

• spltunes
                    spltunes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Make shure you selected that empty MIDI Sequence than it records the MIDI Data via Touchscreen Keyboard.

• beazmusix
                    beazmusix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i did, nothing recorded. with the old "workaround" sample (mute) midi notes recorded.

• Great changes overall but there is something weird happening with the MIDI implementation.

If you have a blank preset, select a blank sequence and set it to MIDI and select MIDI channel I can play external gear via Korg Nanokeys 2. No problem.

However even if I select back to keys or pads in that same sequence, all keys and pads still play the external gear. Also I can't simply hit record and record the MIDI input - I have to use a blank or muted pad set to gate to record the MIDI input as per the old workaround in 1.7f.

Is there a way to only have the MIDI input playing on the MIDI selection on the sequence? Also the ability to record MIDI straight into the sequence would be awesome...

Keep up the great work guys - this thing is getting better all the time!

Comment

• beazmusix
                    beazmusix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hehe funny. thanks for ur question.. i got same problems but not the opportunity to describe

• Steve
                    Steve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We know MIDI Input to the MIDI sequences is important. For now, you can record into a KEYS sequence and copy/paste to the MIDI seq.

• Triggering of Pads and Sequences via MIDI Chan 1 does suddenly broke (Clock source: None)
                  Unplug USB Device helps for a short period of time then it breaks again.

Comment

• shankiphonic
                    shankiphonic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ok - glad you mentioned this.
                    I had my Arturia Keystep plugged into the device port and experienced some issues.
                    It worked as expected initially. After some time - I thought I had goofed up a config because BB stoped responding. After cycling through some things, and realized that NOTHING was responding, I unplugged the keystep from the device port and plugged back in, at which point it started back up and all my previously configured midi settings worked as expected.

I experienced it just the once. I will follow up if I can reproduce.

• xinkiex
                    xinkiex commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, i have the same issue. Reboot or reloading PSET solving this. I'm using LP3 pro mk3

• After upgrading to 1.9.B: File>Trim & Save will sometimes crash the machine causing it to reboot and lose any unsaved changes. This seems to happen randomly - sometimes it works fine other times it crashes.

Comment

Working...
                  X