Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After upgrading to 1.9.B: File>Trim & Save will sometimes crash the machine causing it to reboot and lose any unsaved changes. This seems to happen randomly - sometimes it works fine other times it crashes.

Comment

• semanticnoise
      semanticnoise commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve - similar to @shankiphonic's video... audio recorded directly into blackbox. Length of recording doesn't seem to matter.

• shankiphonic
      shankiphonic commented
      Editing a comment
      I was putzing around with things like whether or not I renamed the file first...
      whether or not I had saved the preset between the time the pad was loaded (recorded) and when the trim was executed.
      I couldn't quite zero in on how to always bypass it or make it happen all the time.
      rarely is anything in this space truly "random".....

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      I have watched a few videos of this issue. We are still investigating this.

• One thing I'd like to do, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature....but I'd like to be able to record MIDI in as I play it, with the note duration and with an option for quantization. Looking at a post on the forum, it seems this is possible with KEYS or PADS if the launch mode is GATE. But for a MIDI type, this is not a factor. Does the sequencer only act as a step sequencer?

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      The PADS vs KEYS sequences are a bit different in the MIDI data collected. Adding MIDI in to the MIDI-only sequence is a feature request. However, This is already on our radar.

• c_h_i_p_s
      c_h_i_p_s commented
      Editing a comment
      Super new here - Like opened the black and blue box yesterday. I NEED this functionality too, but in the meantime it seems to work if you load a pad and mute it in the mixer mode. You'll still capture the midi notes in the sequencer and they record and play back like an Ableton clip!

On another note - this product is phenomenal. Steve thanks for your work and glad to be here.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      As it turns out.... you CAN record directly into a MIDI sequence using your MIDI Keys channel in TOOLS.

• Here's another bug report. Here's a video showing a drawing issue with the mini view of a sequence - it doesn't show a proper placement of notes when I record via MIDI in. If I zoom in with "INFO" the notes seem to be where they are supposed to. This is on the original 1.9 firmware, but I think this is a problem in B, too.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cD9...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      Which firmware version (as a number) are you using?

• pnyboer
      pnyboer commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry - I have 1.9.3 on there. I think this was an issue in 1.9.B too.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you confirmed this behavior in 1.9B?

• Thanks, I love this update!

One thing I noticed is that the on-screen knobs do not move after a midi controller has been assigned to them.

Comment

• BBisfun
      BBisfun commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it has but does that mean it will not be fixed?

• NoParades
      NoParades commented
      Editing a comment
      BBisfun this is the one thing I'm hoping to see more than anything else. Until I can see what the mixer page is doing with incoming midi, I can't even consider the BB as a live performance tool You can assign midi controllers at the pad level, but with no visual feedback, you can't even tell if something is muted or not before starting a sequence. very cumbersome.

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      BBisfun This is intended, therefore, not broken. It has, as mentioned, been requested to be changed. This is a wish list item and belongs in the wish list thread.

• Aaron
    I have observed that the behavior described here has been updated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thank you.gif
Views:	781
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	27736
    Attached Files

Comment

• Dear 1010 Team ! Recently got a Blackbox. Perfect design + industrial style built quality, i love it now over most of my gear. Tested the 1.9 Beta Version. But i don't want to use it for default unless it comes to a proven stable state. So please go for it ! =)

Due to i am a huge fan of synth mod parameters for samples, the new functions are very helpful for my prefered workflow. Just one thing would be absolute essential, but i don't know if the blackbox's hardware capabilities allow it, the ability for smooth transitions between presets / projects. Because i am a live performer this is a most wanted feature.

Thank you for the wonderful product. Keep it up !

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to our forum. Feature requests belong in the Wish List thread. Feedback for 1.9Beta belongs in this thread.

We expect to have a stable release by the end of the month.

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi spacelab, welcome to the club

If that can help you save some time, here's a thread I started a while ago on a similar idea, taking in consideration the CPU problematics :

https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...etween-presets

Don't hesitate to vote it up or bring your own ideas in.

• Nice work. All the bugs already mentioned I ditto. But more importantly I just wanted to say thanks for the upgrades Never the less.

Comment

• Whoa.. see what happens when I stay away for awhile? Nice update 1010music!!

Comment

• Hello blackbox team! I've been having issues with this update, where after a few minutes of working in blackbox on boot up, the potentiometers start to not match for which perameter it controls in a certain pad. This also happens in the sequencer, where the usual controls are out of wack. (example, when i want to elongate a midi note, it will both elongate and shorten and then only move it slightly)

Comment

• feelthemusic
            feelthemusic commented
            Editing a comment
            I am having this same issue. the rotary knobs pivot back and forth and the respective knobs don't match the screen... almost like it becomes "macro" knobs moving multiple while turning only one. EXCELLENT UPDATE REGARDLESS!!! great job 1010music.

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you tried a fresh preset?

• Another problem I noticed which is really critical for my live performances is that the master EQ doesn’t work on any incoming audio. Very unfortunate. Please fix!

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            First, please let us know which firmware (as a number) you are using. Since the EQ is on the output, it is not connected to the input.

• BBisfun
            BBisfun commented
            Editing a comment
            Steve - I’m on 1.9.B. For people using this box at the end of their audio chain it would make sense to have the master EQ affect all audio not just that generated by the unit.

• thanks for the huge update.
          in Version 1.9B,
          renaming samples (funktion: "save") leads to a complete crash und restart of my Blackbox

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            Please tell me more about the audio files you were saving. Where did they come from? What were the sample rate and bit depth? How long are these files?

• Hello 1010 guys,
          Thank you for this major update.
          I have only used the record by midi option and it works great.
          The only strange thing that happens is : note 102 plays the selected pad and if you send note 102 again it stops the selected pad , that is GREAT, but this only works for pad 1, 2, 3 and 4 and
          not for the others. Normal behaviour ?
          Greetings

Comment

• It's great to see a device with continued support!
            Sadly this latest update has rendered my BB frustratingly unusable.
            I updated to 1.9.B from 1.7.D. i experienced issue with previous presets, so I created a fresh one in 1.9.B and still -
            Encoders sometimes fail to respond or refuse to increment past a certain number or have little to no effect on the parameter e.g. attempting to increase the tempo, I turn the encoder, the tempo reads up to 127 and despite continuing to turn the same direction, the tempo readout restarts at 120 or some other arbitrary number (the actual tempo seems unaffected). After sometime trying, I get it up to 140, but the metronome moves at a much slower speed, closer to 120bpm.
            Sometimes encoders affect other parameters than those being adjusted. E.g. while adjusting the cutoff, the tempo changes.
            This happen with or without a MIDI controller attached.

The problem seems to go away if a different preset a loaded - at least for a time. Although this is not a workaround by any means.

A great pity as in general this lovely little box has become even more playable!

Comment

• pnyboer
              pnyboer commented
              Editing a comment
              This is beta firmware! Don't worry, there will be improvements!

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you try something for me?

Format an SD card (using SD Card Formatter)
              Reflash the beta firmware
              create a new preset.
              Does the issue persist?

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              _monomakes_ were you able to try what I suggested? Can you also try to duplicate (Save As...) the preset that gave you issues? Please let us know the outcome

• Hi there. I'm not sure if other users have experienced this issue (apologies if I missed earlier comments) but each time I try to download the new firmware I get a file called "BLACKBOX.BIN" on my desktop. When I try to unzip this I get an Archive Utility message that says "Unable to expand "BLACKBOX.BIN" it is an unsupported format". Is anyone else experiencing this? I've downloaded using Safari and Chrome - and am having the same issue with both browsers.

Comment

• delay dude
              delay dude commented
              Editing a comment
              You don´t have to unzip the BIN file. Put the file (as it is) on the sd card of the blackbox. Power the blackbox while pressing info and back. Done!

It´s as easy as this.

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              Please check the firmware update instructions posted next to the update. This thread is specifically for 1.9 feedback.

• Ah ha. Of course. Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X