Live Sampling instant play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Sampling instant play

Hello guys! I have a few really important features I need, which are instant purchase of Blackbox for me.

I can’t find any video which shows live sample rec. In terms of workflow how fast and simple to execute this feature. For example, if I connect MIC to Blackbox and do some humming, how fast I can start to play notes based on a recorded sound with my controller? Also is it possible to run "empty" sequence and rec sample so it instantly start to play? And all this questions I can also address to the Granular mode. Best example I want to have something like VST Crossfade Loop Synth from Expert Sleepers but in hardware solution.

Would be really amazing if someone can show on video or discord how this features executes. Because It is my main feature I'm searching for, and all other things is really secondary for me.
    Thank you!

I have visited a local music store to put my hands on BB. Physical experience is very good! Touch, buttons, knobs are amazing. But I've found that when i erase PAD, i also erasing the setting like ADRS from the PAD. That was not great for a live situation if you have some mistakes in recording the sample and you want to create a new record on the same PAD (i have read the manual, and found i can store PAD preset, haven't tested because i left the store). Also, i always need to press INFO then REC+PLAY to enable recording, which is too many actions for me, maybe there is a shortcut or MIDI CC to just hit 1 button to start recording?

Comment

Check out our YouTube channel. We have a lot of content on the blackbox.

Last Friday, we released 1.9.3 BETA for the blackbox that adds recording triggers from external MIDI. No videos of these new features yet.

Comment

Thanks, Steve! Yes, I watched all of the videos. Amazing, if there are external MIDI triggers to active a record, I think this will solve all my needs. Would be nice to have an assignable CC for each PAD to instant arm then record sound just by one click. Because i need to record processed sound and instantly stretch it chromatically in live-performance conditions. Looking forward to this update.

Comment

We just added all of this functionality... last Friday.

Comment

Amazing! Thank you!
            Last edited by xinkiex; 09-08-2021, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Hey! I have purchased BB!. Now after a couple of hours, I have some questions. Is it possible to pre-save audio routing to the empty pads? For instance, i want to set up an empty PSET, where every PAD is routed to it's destination. Because MONITORING on record is automatically assigned OUT to the PAD. Also, I have noticed that in 1.9.3 MIDI Rec was triggered by actual notes and not by CC, so if I play keys with G#3 (note 68) I'm instantly triggering REC. I think there should be separation for CC or MIDI. Like 2 modes. With NOTES ability to REC drums and instantly play or, with CC just to trigger REC.
              Last edited by xinkiex; 09-08-2021, 05:08 AM.

Comment

MIDI Rec is triggered by Notes on the Global Pads channel. Not CC. You can still trigger the 16 pads and 16 sequences as always by using the correct MIDI notes. The notes below 36 and above 67 were never in use on the Pads channel so there is no overlap.

Comment

I think the video will explain what I mean https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cZ...w?usp=drivesdk

Comment

First, on the Launchpad, change to the Custom mode where the 4 quadrants are different colors. This is the mode you want when controlling the various REC triggers. In your video, you are in scale mode. Also, make sure to use a different MIDI channel for Pads vs Keys in TOOLS. The behavior in your video is showing that the selected (highlighted in pink) Pad is the one recorded. The TOOLS > Pads MIDI channel controls the pads, Seq, and REC triggers. The TOOLS > Keys MIDI channel will create a pipeline to the selected pad.

Please watch this video as it outlines how to set up MIDI - that is, I believe, the issue here. Let me know if you need assistance.
                    https://youtu.be/ZAOaQvMR5uM

In Custom mode-
                    Yellow = start/stop Pads
                    Pink = start/stop Sequences
                    Blue = Record 16 Pads
                    Green = clear 16 pads
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! I understood that it not works like that. Will change my layout and test it.

Comment

Working...
                      X