16 Banks with access to 256 samples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 Banks with access to 256 samples?

Seeing the samples are read straight from the SD card, it shouldn't be a limit on the CPU if the SEQUENCER section could toggle into a BANK section with 16 banks each obviously with 16 samples/midi files

Originally posted by daffydeck View Post
    Seeing the samples are read straight from the SD card,
    Are you sure that the samples aren't loaded from the SD into memory when they are, ya know, loaded...?

Comment

• dertranb
      dertranb commented
      Editing a comment
      one thing is sure : load a preset with it's 16 pad / samples. take the sd card away. yep, you can still play your samples...

It seems that when you take out the card, you can play parts/bits of samples, but then it degrades quickly (like a long loop will not play the whole way). There is an internal memory, but I think that memory is based on settings and not samples. From what I know, like the SP-404 the 1010 is a sampler that reads directly from the SD card (Up to 4gig playing time per sample). My main thought is the limit on using effects with "256" samples/midi tracks. But as you get a note limit (32 I think, not sure), it still shouldn't stop having access to the magic 256, but just no more than 32 at any one time.

Comment

32 but they talk about 24 in real life...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Lonzo5
        Lonzo5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel like they were right to leave the resource management open-ended, but there should also be settings to limit those parameters in order to avoid CPU issues in a live situation (maybe global max voices and max poly for each sample type). I’d rather have a couple of voices not play than have them crackle and glitch during a performance.

• dertranb
        dertranb commented
        Editing a comment
        well, there is already an option to limit polyphony per pad, of course. and the HQ option. but i think that your question is very relevant : and yes, since i usually end every performance with a blinking / flashing BB (kinda trying to say to me "time to calm down dude"), LOL, that is matter of concern. maybe there could be a rule of voice priority, but dunno how to set/imagine it ? priority to certain pad ? or, as you suggest, voices to be shut down in order to let the cpu breathe... but which voices ?
        anyway it would ask some computing, ie it would make the thing worse...

a simple thing that could be upgraded : that the BB would blink/flash a little bit earlier than the glitch begin ?? a warning !

+1
      l was planning on making this exact same request (I was thinking 8/128, but 16/256 sounds like a better way to go). It would give the Blackbox a more structured “drum machine” feel if that’s what you happen to be going for, and would let you more closely emulate various real-world kits and modules. Make sure to place this in the wishlist if you haven’t already!

Comment

Working...
      X