Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good inexpensive device for guitar/bass into BB

Hey all,

If any of you are looking for a simple and inexpensive device to get decent quality guitar and bass parts recorded into the Blackbox, check out the Nux MightyPlug MP-2 guitar jack headphone amp.

For $74 USD, it gets pretty killer tones. Also can stream tunes from your phone to play along to tracks for practice. You control all settings in a phone app and can save a handful of presets.

Here's a quick loop played on my Instagram that shows the types of tones possible:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CW8k7MA...dium=copy_link

sounds good.
    so wait -
    you plug than into the guitar, then what into the bb?

Comment

• Georges
      Georges
      Georges commented
      Editing a comment
      there is a headphone output as far as I can judge, which you would connect as input with bb

• byrdinbbylon
      byrdinbbylon
      byrdinbbylon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, so the large out plug goes into your guitar jack, and on the opposite end is a 1/8 inch headphone out jack. So, if you just wanted to jam quietly and not record anything, you'd plug headphones into that. To record to the Blackbox, I just ran a 1/8 to 1/8 stereo aux cable from that headphone jack into the Audio In jack on the Blackbox, and it works like a charm.

Initially, I was curious about stuff like the Boss Pocket GT. I just wanted something small and portable that could get decent tones. The Boss unit was way more expensive (and even then had their older amp modeling tech). I do have an Iridium pedal at the end of my large pedalboard, but dragging that board around the house wasn't exactly inspiring. And thus, this thing became the easy solution.

• byrdinbbylon
      byrdinbbylon
      byrdinbbylon commented
      Editing a comment
      One other thing to consider is what type of guitar jack you have. This will fit as is on most guitars. In my case, it fits on 3 of my electrics (strat, tele, and semi-hollow) and my bass. The only guitar I have that it doesn't fit is a certain thin Ibanez model that has a weird jack (that my wireless Boss transmitter also doesn't fit). In that rare scenario, there is a small extender cable you can get to make it work.

Also check-out Roland Go Mixer line-up, they have a Guitar/Bass input, monitoring and this also acts as a sound card and small mixer. I use the Go Mixer Pro X as extension to my Bluebox that brings a versatile amount of different inputs (Phantom powered Mic, Bass, Line, TRS).

Comment

• byrdinbbylon
      byrdinbbylon
      byrdinbbylon commented
      Editing a comment
      Does the guitar/bass input on that have any kind of amp simulation or effects?

The multi-inputs would be nice. I know I have tried my Roland VT-4 effects processor with a dynamic mic into the Blackbox, but felt like I had trouble getting it loud enough. Still working on that, as it works fine with my MC707.

• jayneural
      jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm there is no real Amp, just a preamp on the Go Mixer. Still from Roland, the SP404mkII would make it too and would also serve as a great FX box, we are in another budget though.

• shankiphonic
      shankiphonic
      shankiphonic commented
      Editing a comment
      while we're pitching products - https://youtu.be/WrpJi6gtHoA - stumbled across this - look at the sections at the end, parallel mixers, amp & cab sims.

I am now reminded that somewhere in this house there is a rockman bass ace.... I need to dig it up and see nicely it plays with blackbox.

Comment

Working...
    X