Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shankiphonic
    commented on 's reply
    while we're pitching products - https://youtu.be/WrpJi6gtHoA - stumbled across this - look at the sections at the end, parallel mixers, amp & cab sims.

• jayneural
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm there is no real Amp, just a preamp on the Go Mixer. Still from Roland, the SP404mkII would make it too and would also serve as a great FX box, we are in another budget though.

• shankiphonic
    replied
    I am now reminded that somewhere in this house there is a rockman bass ace.... I need to dig it up and see nicely it plays with blackbox.

Leave a comment:

• byrdinbbylon
    commented on 's reply
    Does the guitar/bass input on that have any kind of amp simulation or effects?

The multi-inputs would be nice. I know I have tried my Roland VT-4 effects processor with a dynamic mic into the Blackbox, but felt like I had trouble getting it loud enough. Still working on that, as it works fine with my MC707.

• jayneural
    replied
    Also check-out Roland Go Mixer line-up, they have a Guitar/Bass input, monitoring and this also acts as a sound card and small mixer. I use the Go Mixer Pro X as extension to my Bluebox that brings a versatile amount of different inputs (Phantom powered Mic, Bass, Line, TRS).

Leave a comment:

• byrdinbbylon
    commented on 's reply
    One other thing to consider is what type of guitar jack you have. This will fit as is on most guitars. In my case, it fits on 3 of my electrics (strat, tele, and semi-hollow) and my bass. The only guitar I have that it doesn't fit is a certain thin Ibanez model that has a weird jack (that my wireless Boss transmitter also doesn't fit). In that rare scenario, there is a small extender cable you can get to make it work.

• byrdinbbylon
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, so the large out plug goes into your guitar jack, and on the opposite end is a 1/8 inch headphone out jack. So, if you just wanted to jam quietly and not record anything, you'd plug headphones into that. To record to the Blackbox, I just ran a 1/8 to 1/8 stereo aux cable from that headphone jack into the Audio In jack on the Blackbox, and it works like a charm.

Initially, I was curious about stuff like the Boss Pocket GT. I just wanted something small and portable that could get decent tones. The Boss unit was way more expensive (and even then had their older amp modeling tech). I do have an Iridium pedal at the end of my large pedalboard, but dragging that board around the house wasn't exactly inspiring. And thus, this thing became the easy solution.

• Georges
    commented on 's reply
    there is a headphone output as far as I can judge, which you would connect as input with bb

• shankiphonic
    replied
    sounds good.
    so wait -
    you plug than into the guitar, then what into the bb?

Leave a comment:

• Good inexpensive device for guitar/bass into BB

Hey all,

If any of you are looking for a simple and inexpensive device to get decent quality guitar and bass parts recorded into the Blackbox, check out the Nux MightyPlug MP-2 guitar jack headphone amp.

For $74 USD, it gets pretty killer tones. Also can stream tunes from your phone to play along to tracks for practice. You control all settings in a phone app and can save a handful of presets.

Here's a quick loop played on my Instagram that shows the types of tones possible:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CW8k7MA...dium=copy_link
Working...
X