Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copy / paste sequence for another instrument (pad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy / paste sequence for another instrument (pad)

Hi all, could you help me:

1. I made a nice sequence in piano roll mode. Then I wanted to apply the created sequence to another instrument (pad). The problem is... that I do not understand how to do this - when copying and pasting in sequencer mode, everything is copied /pasted, including the sample pad. On the contrary, I want to copy only the sequence itself and paste it into an empty grid for another instrument (pad). How can I do this?

2. How can I move the entire sequence down by octave, not just the selected note?

Hi Kralex and welcome ,

I am sorry to tell you that both of your request can't be met by the blackbox. I have two workarounds that are not very pretty and I wished this device would do this natively.

Here are my suggestions:

1)

Problem:

Blackbox can not change the destination of sequences. If a sequence is programmed for a pad it will always just trigger that pad, regardless of you copying the sequence to another position in [Seq]-Mode.

Workaraound:

Change the sample of the pad that is being sequenced. However, I know this is not alway applicable. For example If you compose every part first with a piano and then want to apply that to different instruments... Then you can use the following method:

Change the original sample, in your case the piano sample to something you like better. Then go into an empty pad and change the record input to "resam". Set all record settings accordingly and record your sequence as audio. In other words, print out the sequence.

2)

Problem:

There is no option to change multiple events / notes in a sequence on the blackbox. It is always only one. There is also no way to transpose in the sequencer or change the sequence in any other ways, that you might expect when comparing to other software and hardware.

Workaraound:

Go into the the pad in question and change the pitch up / or down 12 or 24 semitones to transpose. However the tonal quality will not be as good as if you transposed every single note manually in the seq. mode. Especially when you use multisamples. But it will be quicker and not as tiresome.

Hope it helps

Comment

As far as I know both these things are not possible right now. I’ve requested both functions in a wish list post https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...d-change-pitch

Comment

• Kralex
        Kralex commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello! Big thanks for the answer! I really hope these features will be included in the future firmwares. it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who missed these seq capabilities)

This makes me crazy. I’ve spent hours trying to figure this out.

Comment

My original comment is still under review... but I guess it is of interest for some users so I post it again below:

I am sorry to tell you that both of your request can't be met by the blackbox. I have two workarounds that are not very pretty and I wished this device would do this natively.

Here are my suggestions:

1)

Problem:

Blackbox can not change the destination of sequences. If a sequence is programmed for a pad it will always just trigger that pad, regardless of you copying the sequence to another position in [Seq]-Mode.

Workaraound:

Change the sample of the pad that is being sequenced. However, I know this is not alway applicable. For example If you compose every part first with a piano and then want to apply that to different instruments... Then you can use the following method:

Change the original sample, in your case the piano sample to something you like better. Then go into an empty pad and change the record input to "resam". Set all record settings accordingly and record your sequence as audio. In other words, print out the sequence.

2)

Problem:

There is no option to change multiple events / notes in a sequence on the blackbox. It is always only one. There is also no way to transpose in the sequencer or change the sequence in any other ways, that you might expect when comparing to other software and hardware.

Workaraound:

Go into the the pad in question and change the pitch up / or down 12 or 24 semitones to transpose. However the tonal quality will not be as good as if you transposed every single note manually in the seq. mode. Especially when you use multisamples. But it will be quicker and not as tiresome.

Hope it helps

Comment

+1 to copy pasting sequences to other pads.

And this may be a new topic entirely, but I'm wondering if there's a way we can better categorize the types of updates these fall into, which might allow users to better vote on an array of wishlist updates rather than piecemeal. Perhaps that's useful to the developers too.

Depending on use, I'm sure we all have different priorities for what we want to see updated, my own are to have functions - such as in this thread - that make the flow of sampling/sequencing/arranging a bit more convenient. Without understanding anything about the underlying architecture of how to program any of this (perhaps it's easier to add new things than rewire current features!) - I see these less as building new features but just improving functionality of existing ones. Seems as if the last major firmware update was characterized as big on adding modulation to a bunch of parameters (this is totally cool btw, though i've yet tap into them much for my own use) that improved the 'synth' side of this machine.. my own preference is to have the next 'major' firmware update focused on sequencing functionality.

Comment

Working...
          X