Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the blackbox have an audio through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the blackbox have an audio through?

Hi folks,
    I'm looking for a sampler to augment a groovebox I have, but I like to keep my setup very compact.
    So, the question I have, do the audio ins of the blackbox function as an audio through?
    Ideally I'd be looking to run my groovebox through the blackbox, to add samples and stuff, maybe use the master fx.
    I'm trying to avoid having to run into a mixer, I want to run one box into the other, and just plug a set of headphones in.
    I know this is possible on the SP404mk2 or the polyend tracker, but I can't find whether thats possible on the blackbox?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Yes, i think it does from a comment someone mentioned about having a sofa setup, much in the gist that I am after.

Thanks again, please delete this post.
    Last edited by Idleocity; 03-04-2022, 05:45 AM. Reason: Found the answer, i think.

Yes, you can monitor and route the input of the blackbox to any of the outputs, which makes it very fun and useful. But you can not send the audio trough the internal effects.

Comment

Originally posted by jpablo91 View Post
      Yes, you can monitor and route the input of the blackbox to any of the outputs, which makes it very fun and useful. But you can not send the audio trough the internal effects.
      Ok, thats worth considering, thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Therm0ptic

Is it a direct signal path from input to output or does it go through AD/DA conversion?
        Yes, it goes through a AD/DA stage--just like on our digital mixer.

Comment

Originally posted by jpablo91 View Post
          But is there a place to do this "globally" so that the audio in is just playing back through the output, rather than doing it through the pad interface?
          The only way I am aware of monitoring continuously is to select a pad, go into its config, and enable record monitor. This makes it so that I can hear the input at all times, but it's not quite like enabling the input for the project. This "global project setting" is something I would like to save with a preset.
          Any time I go to another area of the blackbox - like say, the sequencer - the audio monitoring cuts out

EDIT: this has been answered in another thread by Georges. "in Tools / Rec, set RecConfig to Global, then in any pad set Rec Mon to On"
          Last edited by ghostangle; 05-23-2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X