Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolated pad or separate sample slot for Keys

Hi, first post here.
    is there currently a possibility to have an isolated pad that exists in the Pads section just for selecting and making settings, but that doesn’t get played/triggered like the other pads. Instead it functions as a separate sample slot solely for the Keys.
    The idea is that because Pads and Keys can have their own Midi Channel, I would like to be able to use the Pads for slicing samples (chopping up a breakbeat) and use the Keys for a single other sample (like a long string sample). Any pad other than the isolated pad can’t trigger that isolated pad (or dedicated Keys sample slot).
    That way I could use the Drums track on my Beatstep Pro for triggering the Pads and one of the other two Sequencer tracks for triggering a sample in Keys. Each section to their own dedicated stereo (or whatever configuration) outputs for further fx processing etc.

(I'm not certain I completely understand what you are asking).

You can set the incoming MIDI channel globally (Pads vs Keys) or you can set it at the Pad level. When MDI is set at the Pad level, you do not need to highlight/select the sample you want to play from Keys. have a look at this video as it explains MIDI routing. https://youtu.be/ZAOaQvMR5uM

Maybe this gets you closer. If not, please ask again.

Comment

I think I’ve seen a workaround in the video you posted, thank you. It seems possible to play a single pad chromatically while all remaining pads play ‘regularly’. So now I would try to set that up in a way that a single pad can be played chromatically on a certain midi channel while all other pads act regularly on a different midi channel.

But to clarify/explain my initial post:
      The Keys section plays the sound of the last played and therefor selected pad right? How can I lock a sample that is played by the Keys section? Because when I play the Blackbox pads using external pads in my Beatstep Pro’s drum sequencer the last played Pad becomes the one that is selected to be played in the Keys section. This way I can’t seem to separately play the Keys section (which can be triggered using a different midi channel) using one of the two sequencer tracks of the Beatstep Pro because the selected pad changes when I play them from the Beatstep Pro drum sequencer track eventhough both sections of the Blackbox respond to different midi channels.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        triggering pads from a beatstep should not change the selection. Maybe upload a short video of this behavior?
    Working...
    X