Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control clips with external midi device

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with turning on and off, samples as clips. I have a midi device connected via usb which is working fine when triggering one shots however:

1. Once I have triggered a clip externally I cannot turn it off again unless I use the touchscreen.
    2. If I want to trigger more than one clip on the same midi channel I cannot do this as triggering one turns the other off.

I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAOaQvMR5uM and it seems that I should be able to turn clips on and off on the same midi channel.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by conall_mullen; 06-24-2022, 04:03 AM.

Please share your firmware version (as a number). Which controller are you using? What are your MIDI settings?

Comment

• conall_mullen
      conall_mullen commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using firmware version 2.0.0 and the controller is a novation launchpad x. I have assigned pads that toggle midi on/off messages to each of the slots in the 'pad' section of the blackbox and when I toggle one of the pads on my controller on it starts the clip and immediately stops it again. I have the MIDI pads on channel 1, the MIDI keys on channel 2, program changes on and the clock source is none. All of the midi setting son the clip are the default settings.
      Last edited by conall_mullen; 06-26-2022, 12:27 PM. Reason: Updated with MIDI settings

Do you have the Clip set to Toggle, Trigger, or Gate mode? If it's Toggle, the Clip on that pad will loop until it receives another MIDI note to "un-toggle" it

Comment

• conall_mullen
      conall_mullen commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the clips set to toggle and I'm using 2 state buttons on my launchpad to toggle the clips but when I toggle 'on' it doesn't start the clip.

Yeah I would think you would need to set it up so that you have a button with an on/off state, so pushing it once triggers the clip and pushing it again turns it off.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_trick View Post
      Yeah I would think you would need to set it up so that you have a button with an on/off state, so pushing it once triggers the clip and pushing it again turns it off.
      that is one way -- useful when you need a sample to play across multiple sequenced patterns without stopping or retriggering. but more often, i find Gate mode the most useful because then you can control the length a given sample plays within a single sequence step precisely (note length 16 = one full 4/4 bar)

Comment

Working...
      X