Blackbox User Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbox User Guide

It's here! The Blackbox User Guide is available at https://1010music.com/blackboxdocs. Let me know if there's something that isn't clear or you still have questions.

I just got mine yesterday! I'm super excited and have been playing with it but haven't hooked it up to a midi monitor yet so I don't know how the midi signal is routed. I looked through the new manual (thank you for posting it by the way!) and haven't had my questions answered yet.

I would like to know how the midi output from the Blackbox works. Can you describe this?

Does it mirror the way the input works?

If a pad is set to a midi channel does that mean that when that pad is played at a note, that midi note is sent out at that same channel?

Is there midi soft thru from input to output?

Can the sequences be used to control other equipment?

Please let me know if you can explain some of these things.

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post
      I would like to know how the midi output from the Blackbox works. Can you describe this?
      Each sequence cell has its own MIDI channel for transmission on the MIDI out port.

Does it mirror the way the input works?
      They are separate

If a pad is set to a midi channel does that mean that when that pad is played at a note, that midi note is sent out at that same channel?
      No, the pad MIDI channel is for input only

Is there midi soft thru from input to output?
      As of version 0.9.7, there is no soft thruing.

Can the sequences be used to control other equipment?
      Sure.

We obviously have some work to do on scenarios where there is a both MIDI controller and external MIDI gear. We are still learning about how the blackbox will be used to determine our next moves. Thanks for the questions and the support.

Comment

You have pointed out a gap in our manual. I will get it updated. Thanks!

Comment

So hyped! New updated manual is just what I needed to dive deeper into the blackbox

Comment

Working...
          X