Effects / midi questions / digitakt comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects / midi questions / digitakt comparisons

Blackbox is looking like a great device. Just a few quick questions if you don’t mind.

1. Can the internal efx be applied to the input while monitoring the input signal? This is something that is not possible on the digitakt and would set Blackbox apart if so.

2. Any chance of a chord / scale mode being implemented? What about the ability to import standard midi files? These are other things that would set it apart from the digitakt.

The obvious comparison to Blackbox would be the digitakt. You already have stereo input / sampling which is a major plus in the digitakt vs Blackbox discussion. Were it for a few more things I think Blackbox could potentially begin to come out on top.

I’m considering ordering one from an online retailer soon to potentially replace my Elektron box. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
    Last edited by rjeldy; 04-17-2019, 05:42 AM. Reason: Figured out one answer and deleted the question.

Originally posted by rjeldy View Post
    1. Can the internal efx be applied to the input while monitoring the input signal?
    As of version 0.9.7, the effects can only be applied to individual pads or the internally produced audio.

Originally posted by rjeldy View Post
    2. Any chance of a chord / scale mode being implemented? What about the ability to import standard midi files?
    We are just gathering the initial requests on this product so it is hard to say. I haven't heard these requests often. We will be carefully reviewing the comments here on the forum to determine what to do next.

Thanks for writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

As of version 0.9.7, the effects can only be applied to individual pads or the internally produced audio.

We are just gathering the initial requests on this product so it is hard to say. I haven't heard these requests often. We will be carefully reviewing the comments here on the forum to determine what to do next.

Thanks for writing.
      I'd like to second the chord and scale mode request - I posted that thread in the wishlist section.

I think being able to apply the internal effects to the input while sampling (and monitoring) would be very helpful when creating a "pre-wet" sample so that effects could be stacked after the fact.

Comment

thanks for the ideas. We will keep them in mind for future requests.

Comment

Working...
        X