No announcement yet.

best pad controller for my BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy user of a normal Arturia Beatstep with my BB. 16 pads+16 knobs. Hope to get more out of it if we get more midi implemented parameters, like the mixer.
    No power issues encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfister37 View Post

Please let us know how it works out. I was thinking of picking one up myself. Can you map pads to specific midi channels on the QuNeo without the use of a computer? Or if you do have to use a computer to configure it, can you then disconnect it and it will save your settings and let you apply them to the BB? Thanks!
      The QuNeo works great. I have a bank mapped to the Pads and a second bank mapped to Sequences that behave like a LaunchPad. It's easy to navigate between the two banks, so you can get some sequences looping and then switch to pads and jam on top of the loops. I think it is a very good companion to the Black Box. You do have to have a computer to edit the settings, but it retains them in memory and plugs right up to the device port on the Black Box.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgbilly View Post

The QuNeo works great. I have a bank mapped to the Pads and a second bank mapped to Sequences that behave like a LaunchPad. It's easy to navigate between the two banks, so you can get some sequences looping and then switch to pads and jam on top of the loops. I think it is a very good companion to the Black Box. You do have to have a computer to edit the settings, but it retains them in memory and plugs right up to the device port on the Black Box.
        Thanks for the reply! I found a used one for pretty cheap on Reverb and I'm going to give it a try.

Comment

• Borgbilly
          Borgbilly commented
          Editing a comment
          You are going to like it. Light weight, bullet proof and fun to watch.

So here's the QuNeo doing a simple bank to play pads and a second bank to launch sequences.

https://youtu.be/hgkWk-hLD7Y

Way fun!

Comment

I'm torn between a QuNeo and a MIDI Fighter Twister. Or can you use both at the same time?
          Which one would you get?

I like the idea of having pads, but I also like the possibility of knobs to control volume and other parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranormal Patroler View Post
            I'm torn between a QuNeo and a MIDI Fighter Twister. Or can you use both at the same time?
            Which one would you get?

I like the idea of having pads, but I also like the possibility of knobs to control volume and other parameters.
            The Atom has pads and 4 assignable knobs.

Comment

Does the Korg Nano Key Studio work? Anyone tested it with the blackbox?
              I need a keyboard layout, but knobs would be nice, too.
              The Studio also has an Arpeggiator, but I am not sure about the Clock Sync.
              Last edited by chrislux; 08-24-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrislux View Post
                Does the Korg Nano Key Studio work? Anyone tested it with the blackbox?
                We haven't tried the nano Key Studio. But, we have tried a few other Korg Nano products and they work well. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgbilly View Post
                  So here's the QuNeo doing a simple bank to play pads and a second bank to launch sequences.

https://youtu.be/hgkWk-hLD7Y

Way fun!
                  great, how did you set that up ?

Comment

The Sensel Morph + BlackBox is a truly excellent combo. I use the MPC style overlay mostly with it, but I plan on doing some multisampled/velocity mapped stuff with the Thunder overlay eventually. The cool thing about the Morph is since it has Bluetooth, I can have it connected to the config software via BT and have it connected to the BB via cable at the same time, meaning I don't have to switch back and forth to change settings on the Morph... very speedy setup and tweaking to get everything working nicely together.

Comment

• chrislux
                      chrislux commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Does the Sensel Morph work direcrly as USB Host to the Blackbix? Thats a great concept. Thanks!

The BlackBox acts as a host for the Morph, so yes it's plug and play. I've run the BB off my Anker power bank with the morph plugged in also, seems to provide plenty of power. I'm hoping to get it set up with the midi out (thru I guess in this case?) the BB going to my Peak, and use the Morph to control both units via different midi channels or something.

Comment

At home i find the ISLA Kordbot is a dream with Blackbox. It runs off the BB USB hub which is nice. And then you got hundreds of chords, scales, arps etc to play with on KB

Comment

Today I have tested my Akai MiniMKII ( latest one) and it works fantastic,
                        - I can have under each note , each sample or FX or whatever,
                        - I can have for each sound on the BB a whole pionorol of 88 notes per sample nicly tuned up over all 7 octaves
                        - I can use the ARP function of the miniMKII
                        - Even while using the ARP function I can next to arping the BB Other sounds activate over the Pads from the miniMKII
                        - I can during listing sounds over my keybed , start up the first song which came in the BB
                        Its Amazing what I can do !!
                        Regards,
                        John

Comment

The new novation launchkey mini mk3 could be a winner.

Comment

• DeepDiveCorp.
                            DeepDiveCorp. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            ..it's the winner for me! Size and usability (Pads & Keys) are perfect for taking both boxes plus a power brick everywhere!

Originally posted by alemass View Post
                          The new novation launchkey mini mk3 could be a winner.
                          We have one already. It works really well. I highly recommend it. The pads are on channel 10 and map nicely to the PADS on blackbox. They keyboard is on a different channel and works well for the MIDI Keys and playing the currently selected cell.

Comment

• menuetbabel
                            menuetbabel commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Can't you choose your own midi channel , for keys or pads ?
                        Working...
                        X