No announcement yet.

best pad controller for my BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy user of a normal Arturia Beatstep with my BB. 16 pads+16 knobs. Hope to get more out of it if we get more midi implemented parameters, like the mixer.
    No power issues encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by Pfister37 View Post

Please let us know how it works out. I was thinking of picking one up myself. Can you map pads to specific midi channels on the QuNeo without the use of a computer? Or if you do have to use a computer to configure it, can you then disconnect it and it will save your settings and let you apply them to the BB? Thanks!
      The QuNeo works great. I have a bank mapped to the Pads and a second bank mapped to Sequences that behave like a LaunchPad. It's easy to navigate between the two banks, so you can get some sequences looping and then switch to pads and jam on top of the loops. I think it is a very good companion to the Black Box. You do have to have a computer to edit the settings, but it retains them in memory and plugs right up to the device port on the Black Box.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgbilly View Post

The QuNeo works great. I have a bank mapped to the Pads and a second bank mapped to Sequences that behave like a LaunchPad. It's easy to navigate between the two banks, so you can get some sequences looping and then switch to pads and jam on top of the loops. I think it is a very good companion to the Black Box. You do have to have a computer to edit the settings, but it retains them in memory and plugs right up to the device port on the Black Box.
        Thanks for the reply! I found a used one for pretty cheap on Reverb and I'm going to give it a try.

Comment

• Borgbilly
          Borgbilly commented
          Editing a comment
          You are going to like it. Light weight, bullet proof and fun to watch.

So here's the QuNeo doing a simple bank to play pads and a second bank to launch sequences.

https://youtu.be/hgkWk-hLD7Y

Way fun!

Comment

I'm torn between a QuNeo and a MIDI Fighter Twister. Or can you use both at the same time?
          Which one would you get?

I like the idea of having pads, but I also like the possibility of knobs to control volume and other parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranormal Patroler View Post
            I'm torn between a QuNeo and a MIDI Fighter Twister. Or can you use both at the same time?
            Which one would you get?

I like the idea of having pads, but I also like the possibility of knobs to control volume and other parameters.
            The Atom has pads and 4 assignable knobs.

Comment

Working...
            X