Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underwood
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, you can send MIDI-Notes with the deluge and these can launch sequences, pads or a single sliced sample or multisamples. Depending how you set up the midi in the BB. PADS: C2-D#3, SEQS: E3-G4

• stikygum
    replied
    How are you using the Deluge with the Black Box? Can you use the Deluge to toggle the steps of Black Box's step sequencer by using the x0x pads on the Deluge?

Originally posted by underwood View Post
    If you notice issues using the usb host function of the BB, try a short high quality usb cable for your usb midi device. I had problems with my Akai MPD 225 running on BB and with the Deluge to. Replacing the included cable of the Akai with a short one did the job for me. I had to try several ones from my cable box and I'm still looking for a cable that is that good as the included one, from the BB. The BB USB-Cable is the only one, that works well to update my Helix HX Stomp pedal.The DJ Techtools Chroma USB Cable isn't that good, but works for running the BB alone from a XTAR PowerBank for mobile use.

Leave a comment:

• stikygum
    replied
    Are you saying with the Launchpad that you're able to toggle the steps of the Black Box's step sequencer on and off, like a typical x0x drum machine? I was hoping to use a Synthstrom Deluge to do this.

Originally posted by Fotopaul View Post
    Ok so after fiddling some more I now figured it out.

Use Global settings unless you want to assign channels manually to individual pads.

The difference between MIDI IN for PAD's & KEY's in the global settings refers to melodic vs drums. So for drums you want to use the PAD's channel and for melodic controllers where you want pitch up and down you use the KEY's.

The issue with the custom mode and drum grid on the Novation Launchpad X was simply the octave setting. It needed to be set to 1 to line up with the pads on the BlackBox, once that was set everything works perfectly!

Leave a comment:

• stikygum
    replied
    So you're able to use the Squarp's step sequencer to sequence the Black Box? If you toggle the physical x0x steps/pads of the Squarp, does it toggle the Black Box's sequencer steps on and off too? I'm trying to figure out if I can use my Squarp or Synthstrom Deluge's x0x pads to toggle the Black Box's steps of the Black Box step sequencer. I was thinking initially that the Squarp or Deluge would only toggle it's own x0x steps in it's own step sequencer. But I've been reading in this thread it may be possible to do what I want with the Squarp or a Novation Launchpad.

Originally posted by chumpfesxt View Post
    I am very happy with the dual control setup I have. I use a Novation Launch Control XL for controlling BB parameters on the fly and launching clips/one shots. I use a Squarp Pyramid for sequencing pads, live pad playing, MIDI LFO's and automation. This setup gives me a ton of control over the BB and I can go from zero to "pretty dope jam" relatively quickly. The Squarp pads are not the best for finger drums, as they are not velocity sensitive but you do get live chord/note roll functions, piano roll, x0x and euclidean style sequencing plus MIDI FX and more.... Good trade for making techno. Hope this helps someone make a decision.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I have not been successful in connecting my Roli gear directly to blackbox via USB. The Lightpad will work UNTIL you change modes. My best experience with my Roli gear was using the CME WIDIBUD to connect. Works great every time.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like you found the answer. I was away for a few days. let me know if you have more questions.

• jpablo91
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Yeah, I was refering to that one. Looks cool, but all the demos I've seen is for controlling the iPad or other VST via the dashboard.

• Painting Silence
    commented on 's reply
    happy it works now. yes it's all a bit fiddly and things like transpose can easily get confusing. thanks also for sharing your solution. def helpful for other users around here too

• Fotopaul
    replied
    I assuming you mean the Roli Light blocks? If so you can change modes on the fly but any changes to the modes need to be done through their dashboard software.

Leave a comment:

• jpablo91
    replied
    Has anyone tries the roli lightpad block? I saw a video that you can change to different modes (pads, scales, and faders), which sounds cool. Just wondering if this can be done without having to connect to the roli app.
    Last edited by jpablo91; 05-25-2020, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fotopaul
    replied
    Ok so after fiddling some more I now figured it out.

Use Global settings unless you want to assign channels manually to individual pads.

The difference between MIDI IN for PAD's & KEY's in the global settings refers to melodic vs drums. So for drums you want to use the PAD's channel and for melodic controllers where you want pitch up and down you use the KEY's.

The issue with the custom mode and drum grid on the Novation Launchpad X was simply the octave setting. It needed to be set to 1 to line up with the pads on the BlackBox, once that was set everything works perfectly!

Leave a comment:

• Fotopaul
    replied
    Thank you! I have been testing but never really got a solution other than a grid triggering the same pads or all pads. I create a custom profile on the Launchpad were every pad has triggered a note but use the same midi channel. Each pad has its default value (which is listed in the manual) still I only trigger the pad selected. I also tested to manually set midi in the channel to she same channel for all pads. The same thing triggers the same sound but with pitch.

MIDI Omni mode is mentioned in the manual but is not an option in the midi settings, this is the default mode so when set to none is it Omni?

Also what's the difference between the Midi pad and Midi Keys in global settings?

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    replied
    Not owning the launchpad Id say if you can assign the individual pads to the midi notes as described in the BB manual, you are good. You can assign individual slots of the BB to different channels or globally to the same channel as you like. I believe the launchpad has a 16x16 grid so you could assign 4x4 buttons to the sample pads of the BB and 4x4 to the sequencer slots of the BB, leaving you 8x8 to assign to different BB sources, if it works like the Mk3 and you can use the slots as faders and whatnot. I hope this helps?

Leave a comment:

• Fotopaul
    replied
    Steve J Do you know how to map a Novation Launchpad X to the pads on the BlackBox? Is it possible to trigger different pads, and still use only one channel?

Anyone else has a launchpad X that they use with the BB, if so how have you set it up?

As a side note, kind of a bummer that the pad can't be configured over midi since it requires a direct connection to the computer. This means I need to connect it to a USB switch so I can alternate it between my computer and my mioXL.

Thanx!

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    replied
    Great to hear you got it up and running. I would almost suggest that there could be a sticky with an overview about working controllers in combination with the BB, amongst the possibility to share presets for these controllers (all under the disclaimer that there cannot be support from the official 1010music site for 3rd party controllers ofc).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X