best pad controller for my BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

We have one already. It works really well. I highly recommend it. The pads are on channel 10 and map nicely to the PADS on blackbox. They keyboard is on a different channel and works well for the MIDI Keys and playing the currently selected cell.
    Cool Aaron
    can you launch also the sequences?
    Last edited by alemass; 09-17-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Can anyone provide some expanded details on using the Akai MPD218 with the blackbox?

How well does note repeat work?
      Can the knobs be usefully mapped?
      Velocity work well?

Looking to get some MPC tactile feel along with the bb.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	A82BD42D-5642-4F60-9884-63604E31C80E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	9075After doing a lot of research on which midi controller was the best for my BB, I chose the iRig pads because it’s the only one that I have found with the ability to edit pads and various functions also directly from the controller itself and to work in mobility or in a dawless setup is what I need, no other controller in this price range has this feature. The sensitivity of the pads works quite well for me and is adjustable through editor anyway. I love the way to save 16 different scenes with various note settings, cc, and midi channels for each individual pad, in this way I was able to create scenes to control the pads, the sequencer and various layouts of notes with scales and chords to be played through different midi channels on the BB. I am very happy about it.
        Last edited by sergioski; 12-04-2019, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I don’t need config options, just nice pads close to the MPC feel and note repeat. Simple needs for me. The iRig doesn’t seem to have note repeat, unless it has to be set up with the app?

I might just add an MPC Live to the setup and forget the $100 plus on a controller.

Comment

Originally posted by spiralingalbatross View Post
            The iRig doesn’t seem to have note repeat, unless it has to be set up with the app?
            Right, the iRig has no repeat note unfortunately. But I also have an akai mpkmini, the feel with the pads is quite similar to the iRig, perhaps slightly better even if they are divided into two banks of 8 pads. it has a useful arpeggiator and the note repeat. Knobs and pads work well with the BB, they are completely mappable and saved on 4 banks through the PC editor.

Comment

Since I have the SP-404 and Blackbox, I’m wondering if the Akai MPD226 might be the best way to go. Anyone use this with the Blackbox and have good luck maximizing it?

Comment

• underwood
                underwood commented
                Editing a comment
                I have an eye on the MPD226 to, but it is very big, compared to the blackbox.

Originally posted by spiralingalbatross View Post
              Since I have the SP-404 and Blackbox, I’m wondering if the Akai MPD226 might be the best way to go. Anyone use this with the Blackbox and have good luck maximizing it?
              Looking at this one, too. The note repeat is interesting, since the BB doesn't offer it internally (FR). Otherwise the Launchkey Mini Mk3 would be a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

We have one already. It works really well. I highly recommend it. The pads are on channel 10 and map nicely to the PADS on blackbox. They keyboard is on a different channel and works well for the MIDI Keys and playing the currently selected cell.
                Do you have any follow up on the Novation Launch key with the BB to report back?
                Functioning and nonfunctioning features?

Comment

So...AKAI Professional Pro MPD218 or Nanopad 2 ( wonder were the Touchpad could be configure to work with the new keypad style on 1.4 ) ?

Comment

I can confirm the AKAI Professional Pro MPD218 works perfectly straight out of the box, repeat pads work as expected, sync clock to BB and all good (via Akai function button). Velocity excellent, just watch that they screw the case VERY tight and you may have to unscrew slightly if you are having issues with sensitivity. Awesome though!!!

Comment

OP-1 works a treat as a controller with the BB....You get all the appegiators off the OP-1 to trigger sounds on the BB

Comment

• scdreger
                        scdreger commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Are you able to get the two in sync with just a USB cable between them? My BB should be here this week and I'm hoping to use my OP-1 this way.

• jonesybb
                        jonesybb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In sync as far as using the OP-1 to trigger sounds on the BB and just record that. I wouldnt get into slave type scenarios with the OP-1 tho

Should I get the novation launchkey mini mk2 or mk3?

Comment

• Aaron
                        Aaron commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The MK3 is a big step up and worth it.

Instead of creating a new thread, I'm asking here

Anybody used the the maschine mikro I know it has a midi mode, but I'm also aware that native instruments hardware can be a bit flakey when being used as generic midi controllers.

Thanks
                      Last edited by 76Rich; Yesterday, 03:55 AM. Reason: Found the answer to one question, above. Edited to reflect.

Comment

• Aaron
                        Aaron commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We haven't tried the Maschine Mikro. We have tried the Maschine (regular) MK2 and it doesn't work. In general, Native Instruments is focused on building controllers for their specific software running on a Mac or PC. It is not a good match for the blackbox. Something from Novation is generally better.

• 76Rich
                        76Rich commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for chiming in @aaron.

I suspected as much. Bit of a shame as their hardware is always nice to use. As I mentioned, I've had issues with their hardware in midi mode before, so wasn't expecting it to be any different this time!

Originally posted by Borgbilly View Post
                      So here's the QuNeo doing a simple bank to play pads and a second bank to launch sequences.

https://youtu.be/hgkWk-hLD7Y

Way fun!
                      I just started learning MIDI, but I am having trouble mapping the Quneo to the BB. Would you be able to provide the Quneo mappings for both the PADS and the SEQs?
                      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X