Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menuetbabel
    commented on 's reply
    Can't you choose your own midi channel , for keys or pads ?

• adamon
    replied
    Hello, wanting to see how many folks have been using a QuNexus with their bb and if they've had success in mapping velocity/pressure/tilt to specific controllable parameters (say pitch or filter cutoff). I've been trying to set pressure using the 'CoMA' mode per KM but the bb doesn't seem to receive/recognize any messages when trying to learn the parameter. Not sure if my issue is a QuNexus or bb thing, so reaching out on both sides ATM.

Just for the sake of the thread, I can confirm that the QuNexus makes a great key controller for the bb. Excellent for both key control and button launching via the controller layer on the QuNexus. Feel like the ability to include the pressure and tilt would put it on another level.

Leave a comment:

• menuetbabel
    commented on 's reply
    This I rig is so ugly. For me it's hard to find a beatiful controller

• panspOrmia
    replied
    Originally posted by Borgbilly View Post

The QuNeo works great. I have a bank mapped to the Pads and a second bank mapped to Sequences that behave like a LaunchPad. It's easy to navigate between the two banks, so you can get some sequences looping and then switch to pads and jam on top of the loops. I think it is a very good companion to the Black Box. You do have to have a computer to edit the settings, but it retains them in memory and plugs right up to the device port on the Black Box.
    Can`t seem to get my BB + Quneo to behave together.

Would you kindly share your Quneo presets?

Leave a comment:

• NigelG
    replied
    Very pleased with the Presonus Atom.

Leave a comment:

• Morientes
    replied
    I use the Presonus Atom and it works very well with the blackbox.

Leave a comment:

• dhocks76
    replied

I'd love a custom BlackBox controller..

Click image for larger version

Name:	idea.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	11726

Leave a comment:

• 76Rich
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for chiming in @aaron.

I suspected as much. Bit of a shame as their hardware is always nice to use. As I mentioned, I've had issues with their hardware in midi mode before, so wasn't expecting it to be any different this time!

• Aaron
    commented on 's reply
    The MK3 is a big step up and worth it.

• Aaron
    commented on 's reply
    We haven't tried the Maschine Mikro. We have tried the Maschine (regular) MK2 and it doesn't work. In general, Native Instruments is focused on building controllers for their specific software running on a Mac or PC. It is not a good match for the blackbox. Something from Novation is generally better.

• panspOrmia
    replied
    Originally posted by Borgbilly View Post
    So here's the QuNeo doing a simple bank to play pads and a second bank to launch sequences.

https://youtu.be/hgkWk-hLD7Y

Way fun!
    I just started learning MIDI, but I am having trouble mapping the Quneo to the BB. Would you be able to provide the Quneo mappings for both the PADS and the SEQs?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• 76Rich
    replied
    Instead of creating a new thread, I'm asking here

Anybody used the the maschine mikro I know it has a midi mode, but I'm also aware that native instruments hardware can be a bit flakey when being used as generic midi controllers.

Thanks
    Last edited by 76Rich; 02-24-2020, 02:55 AM. Reason: Found the answer to one question, above. Edited to reflect.

Leave a comment:

• Vosene
    replied
    Should I get the novation launchkey mini mk2 or mk3?

Leave a comment:

• jonesybb
    commented on 's reply
    In sync as far as using the OP-1 to trigger sounds on the BB and just record that. I wouldnt get into slave type scenarios with the OP-1 tho

• scdreger
    commented on 's reply
    Are you able to get the two in sync with just a USB cable between them? My BB should be here this week and I'm hoping to use my OP-1 this way.
Working...
X