Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Customer
    replied
    The launchpad Pro is working great for me now. Better than the beatstep Pro for ease of use and speed.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I use the V25 with 8 pads. Maybe v1? Works well. The included software will let you change the mappings.

• Okayplayer
    replied
    Anyone tried one of these. Alesis VI25?

Leave a comment:

• sydilaxe
    replied
    I am using a Qunexus with my BB. It works great as a velocity controller and keyboard for the BB. I have not had success with CC mappings yet, but that is mostly because I have not spent an afternoon diving deep into this.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, very interesting, could be the perfect companion to the Blackbox.

It’s really a shame they didn’t add even a mini jack midi out though.

• Borgbilly
    replied
    So here is a demo of the latest version of my QuNeo template for Blackbox. I will share the template with anyone who would like to have it via email.

https://youtu.be/M6ZzRK11Jdw

Leave a comment:

• Borgbilly
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry panspermia, I haven't visited the forum in months and didn't see this request. Are you still having trouble? I am working on my QuNeo/BB setup today and refining some of the controller options with the newer BB firmware. I'll make my QuNeo template available after I get finished, hopefully this weekend.

• les cooper
    replied
    This looks very interesting.
    https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-SQ

Leave a comment:

• -im0b-
    replied
    I use the AKAI MPD218 works really well, but i think mine shipped with the wrong midi config so i had to play with the settings of it a bit.
    external clock works right away so you get all those sweet note repeat
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• thisoldmike
    replied
    Hello all! Relatively new BB owner here, I've had it for a couple of weeks and I've been really enjoying it. Question for folks using a Presonus Atom - is it possible to map the transport controls? I noticed when using a BeatStep Pro, the transport and clock work as expected. Start/stop will start/stop the BB (except for the "double tap" stop) and changes to the tempo made from the BeatStep are reflected in the tempo of the BB. When using the Atom, transport does not work at all and near as I can tell clock is not working either. I've been through both the Atom and BB manuals and I'm stumped. Appreciate any thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Future Customer
    replied
    Although its not super compact, the Beatstep Pro is very versatile and allows you to test sequences harmonically and melodically before you "record" the steps into the BB. And of course the knobs can be mapped as well.

Leave a comment:

• underwood
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, you can send MIDI-Notes with the deluge and these can launch sequences, pads or a single sliced sample or multisamples. Depending how you set up the midi in the BB. PADS: C2-D#3, SEQS: E3-G4

• stikygum
    replied
    How are you using the Deluge with the Black Box? Can you use the Deluge to toggle the steps of Black Box's step sequencer by using the x0x pads on the Deluge?

Originally posted by underwood View Post
    If you notice issues using the usb host function of the BB, try a short high quality usb cable for your usb midi device. I had problems with my Akai MPD 225 running on BB and with the Deluge to. Replacing the included cable of the Akai with a short one did the job for me. I had to try several ones from my cable box and I'm still looking for a cable that is that good as the included one, from the BB. The BB USB-Cable is the only one, that works well to update my Helix HX Stomp pedal.The DJ Techtools Chroma USB Cable isn't that good, but works for running the BB alone from a XTAR PowerBank for mobile use.

Leave a comment:

• stikygum
    replied
    Are you saying with the Launchpad that you're able to toggle the steps of the Black Box's step sequencer on and off, like a typical x0x drum machine? I was hoping to use a Synthstrom Deluge to do this.

Originally posted by Fotopaul View Post
    Ok so after fiddling some more I now figured it out.

Use Global settings unless you want to assign channels manually to individual pads.

The difference between MIDI IN for PAD's & KEY's in the global settings refers to melodic vs drums. So for drums you want to use the PAD's channel and for melodic controllers where you want pitch up and down you use the KEY's.

The issue with the custom mode and drum grid on the Novation Launchpad X was simply the octave setting. It needed to be set to 1 to line up with the pads on the BlackBox, once that was set everything works perfectly!

Leave a comment:

• stikygum
    replied
    So you're able to use the Squarp's step sequencer to sequence the Black Box? If you toggle the physical x0x steps/pads of the Squarp, does it toggle the Black Box's sequencer steps on and off too? I'm trying to figure out if I can use my Squarp or Synthstrom Deluge's x0x pads to toggle the Black Box's steps of the Black Box step sequencer. I was thinking initially that the Squarp or Deluge would only toggle it's own x0x steps in it's own step sequencer. But I've been reading in this thread it may be possible to do what I want with the Squarp or a Novation Launchpad.

Originally posted by chumpfesxt View Post
    I am very happy with the dual control setup I have. I use a Novation Launch Control XL for controlling BB parameters on the fly and launching clips/one shots. I use a Squarp Pyramid for sequencing pads, live pad playing, MIDI LFO's and automation. This setup gives me a ton of control over the BB and I can go from zero to "pretty dope jam" relatively quickly. The Squarp pads are not the best for finger drums, as they are not velocity sensitive but you do get live chord/note roll functions, piano roll, x0x and euclidean style sequencing plus MIDI FX and more.... Good trade for making techno. Hope this helps someone make a decision.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X