Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonnnnny
    commented on 's reply
    Great, I've already ordered one so looking forward to trying it!

• Steve
    replied
    That does pair well with the blackbox!

Leave a comment:

• jonnnnny
    replied
    Great thanks. So if I want something with a 25-key keyboard too, this would do the job?

Novation Launchkey 25 MKII https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VVK27...D2J7E55VT36DHA

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    exactly. The KEYS screen is a great tool but does not do what you are looking for - outside of the box.

Here's some info on the launchpad pro but this should get you pointed in the right direction in terms of functionality.
    https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.ne...scale-mode.pdf

• jonnnnny
    replied
    Steve Thanks! That’s helpful to know. So you would set the particular scale in the controller, not in the Blackbox?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    I think you want a MIDI controller that is capable of doing that. The PUSH does this, so do ROLI Blocks, and the launchpad devices (I believe). The controller still contains a chromatic section of the scale but only the diatonic (in scale) notes are lit up. You can achieve this with your controller though you will have to manually set up the MIDI Note #s transmitted from each pad.

The devices that have that functionality are more elegant in execution because you can typically change the scale on the fly.

Leave a comment:

• jonnnnny
    replied
    Hi

Does this video make it any clearer?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n9thiy1d8..._5633.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n9thiy1d8..._5633.mp4?dl=0

Leave a comment:

• jonnnnny
    replied
    Thanks Painting Silence I'll try to record a short video to show you want I mean – appreciate it's a bit unclear!

Leave a comment:

• Painting Silence
    replied
    I am not sure I fully understand but you might want to look into the arturia things like keystep and beatstep and that. It defo has to happen on the midi controller side of things.

Leave a comment:

• jonnnnny
    replied
    Hi

I've just been discussing something on another forum and wondered if anyone on here knows the answer.

I'd like to be able to select a specific scale in the Blackbox for a multisample (for example by pressing the 'keys' button twice and choosing Minor Blues in C), then have that scale mapped onto the pads of a controller. I gather something like the Presonus Atom can't do that, but can any other more advanced controllers do it?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    If you use a MIDI merger and TRS, you can connect multiple controllers. Or 1 TRS and 1 USB.

Leave a comment:

• jonnnnny
    replied
    Hi all, just been reading through the replies because I'm looking for a new controller. What do people recommend for something that combines pads with a keyboard? I've got a Nektar Imact L25, but I can't set it up so I can play a multisample with the keys while other samples with the pads. I don't think it can allocated the pads and keys to separate channels, so I'm looking to get something new.

(By the way, I'm presuming this is a stupid question, but you can't have more than one controller on the BB at once? I don't even really know how you would do that, but I'm just thinking that something like the Atom or the Akai 218 would suit me for the pads, but I need keys too.)

Any help really appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    You could set up the blackbox to work in this way though you would need a unique pad for every channel. MIDI channels are not utilized in the blackbox like other software, etc. Meaning, you can use different channels to send but the box will not respond differently based on the incoming channel, necessarily.

• FreedomSeven
    commented on 's reply
    Could you let me know how you have your BeatStep set up with BB ?
    Are you able to use the sequencer on BeatStep ?

• FreedomSeven
    commented on 's reply
    How have you connected you 226 to get it working with transport controls ?
    I have the 232 and can’t get the transport to work !!!!
Working...
X