Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jayneural
    replied
    Not really a PAD controller but the Presonus Atom SQ looks to be amazing.

Leave a comment:

• underwood
    commented on 's reply
    The MPD226 can do this, so the 218 maby to.

• Painting Silence
    replied
    all these questions are mpd specifc and you should probably look them up in the manual or the akai board. the black box corresponds to the midi values written in its manual and CC values can be assigned freely, if the akai sends information on those the black box will respond, sure. if you are uncertain which controller information are sent use midiOX to read out the values. this also applies to bank switches etc.

Leave a comment:

• pbmike
    replied
    Does some people use the MPD218 ?

If yes :
    Are you able to have 2 configurations on the MPD, and to switch between them ? Like one for pad, and another for triggering note ?
    Can the MPD carry 2/3 configs (let's say for blackbox pads, blackbox notes, blackbox seq maybe?) and can you switch between configs with CTRL BANK or PAD BANK or PAD SELECT or NR CONFIG ? From what I have read, this might be configurable via the Akai software
    Can you change octave on the MPD if you are triggering a sample note on the blackbox?

Thanks in advance,
    Pierre

Leave a comment:

• Future Customer
    replied
    The launchpad Pro is working great for me now. Better than the beatstep Pro for ease of use and speed.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I use the V25 with 8 pads. Maybe v1? Works well. The included software will let you change the mappings.

• Okayplayer
    replied
    Anyone tried one of these. Alesis VI25?

Leave a comment:

• sydilaxe
    replied
    I am using a Qunexus with my BB. It works great as a velocity controller and keyboard for the BB. I have not had success with CC mappings yet, but that is mostly because I have not spent an afternoon diving deep into this.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    commented on 's reply
    Yep, very interesting, could be the perfect companion to the Blackbox.

It’s really a shame they didn’t add even a mini jack midi out though.

• Borgbilly
    replied
    So here is a demo of the latest version of my QuNeo template for Blackbox. I will share the template with anyone who would like to have it via email.

https://youtu.be/M6ZzRK11Jdw

Leave a comment:

• Borgbilly
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry panspermia, I haven't visited the forum in months and didn't see this request. Are you still having trouble? I am working on my QuNeo/BB setup today and refining some of the controller options with the newer BB firmware. I'll make my QuNeo template available after I get finished, hopefully this weekend.

• les cooper
    replied
    This looks very interesting.
    https://www.presonus.com/products/ATOM-SQ

Leave a comment:

• -im0b-
    replied
    I use the AKAI MPD218 works really well, but i think mine shipped with the wrong midi config so i had to play with the settings of it a bit.
    external clock works right away so you get all those sweet note repeat
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• thisoldmike
    replied
    Hello all! Relatively new BB owner here, I've had it for a couple of weeks and I've been really enjoying it. Question for folks using a Presonus Atom - is it possible to map the transport controls? I noticed when using a BeatStep Pro, the transport and clock work as expected. Start/stop will start/stop the BB (except for the "double tap" stop) and changes to the tempo made from the BeatStep are reflected in the tempo of the BB. When using the Atom, transport does not work at all and near as I can tell clock is not working either. I've been through both the Atom and BB manuals and I'm stumped. Appreciate any thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• Future Customer
    replied
    Although its not super compact, the Beatstep Pro is very versatile and allows you to test sequences harmonically and melodically before you "record" the steps into the BB. And of course the knobs can be mapped as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X