Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I somehow never saw this comment...... I think the issue is with the Roli gear always preferring AC power over batteries. Even if the seaboard or lightpad has a full battery, it will always prefer the AC. The blackbox does not supply enough power to those devices, directly.

• Hikari_Sound
    replied
    Originally posted by underwood View Post
    Hello,

not sure if you can buy it, but what about to splitt the usb cable in data and power so the seaboard/lightpad or other controllers can be powered directly from the same source as the blackbox and not from the blackbox itself. More portable than using a powered usb hub. Btw. there are some really lots of bad usb hubs, hard to find one that had no problems.
    Wondering if anyone tried the "splitter" USB power cable solution that underwood recommended? If that works (vs. the unwieldy nature of a hub), then this is the perfect pair for the Blackbox. Roli touts this thing in terms of its interaction with their software, Ableton Live, the SME/5D amazing stuff. But at heart, it could be a plain ol' portable MIDI controller (velocity is enough for me) that has little competition given its size.

Thank you,

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    The Seaboard Block does seem to lose its connection after a short period. However, I have a Lightpad M Block that seems to work perfectly with the Blackbox as long as I do not change Modes on the Block (works great with the 4x4 grid). After reading through some of the documentation/faq on Roli's site, they recommend a host device between a Block and your device. Roli recommends something like the Kenton MIDI Host Mkii. This little box should let you connect Blocks to the Blackbox using MIDI TRS into the Blackbox.

https://kentonuk.com/product/midi-usb-host-mkii/

• underwood
    replied
    Hello,

not sure if you can buy it, but what about to splitt the usb cable in data and power so the seaboard/lightpad or other controllers can be powered directly from the same source as the blackbox and not from the blackbox itself. More portable than using a powered usb hub. Btw. there are some really lots of bad usb hubs, hard to find one that had no problems.

Not sure I the bluetooth dongle has a latency.

As far what I've read about the roli lightbox block m, they have lots of issues, including low runtime when running on battery and bluetooth.

Steve J I don't think that a dedicated MIDI Host is better working than the MIDI Host in the blackbox. It's more a problem of the roli itself. These MIDI Hosts are for devices that don't have one.

EDIT: The Raspberry Pi as a MIDI Host needs some tweaking to, to get the roli roling: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=213969
    Last edited by underwood; 12-15-2019, 12:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ChoopCgen
    replied
    Hello everyone , seaboard (block) with usb cable works but not enough power (i think )bbox loose connexion , so you need to disconnect sometines usb cable , i think with dongle CME widibud ( bluetooth ) it's better ( not the same )
    with Roli Block M it's the same problem , very good feeling , small size with bbox perfect ! ( But not enough power to stable connexion ) with powerbank. or not ...
    ​​​​​​I see the same problem with simple usb hub or not with a laptop , sometimes so maybe it's my hardware ....

So with dongle maybe is better solution ...

french salutation !

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• underwood
    replied
    Any news if the Roli works?

Leave a comment:

• Skorheim
    replied
    Also interested in this

Leave a comment:

• Carioca10
    replied
    thanks for your response, I will defiantly check if it works on Monday when I receive my 1010MBB and report back here

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Based on some quick checking, the Roli Seaboard block does look like it will work with blackbox with a USB cable. We have not tried it however. If anyone has experience with these two devices, please let us know.

Leave a comment:

• Carioca10
    started a topic Roli Seaboard block MIDI

Roli Seaboard block MIDI

Ive ordered my BB and now wonder if its possible to connect (with an adapter) to my Roli Seaboard Block MIDI with bluetooth (preferably) or USB cable, also the Lightpad block
Working...
X