SEQS icon not different with different samples triggered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEQS icon not different with different samples triggered

Not sure where this feedback goes but are there plans to fix the icons that show up on the SEQS page to better match the trigs that are selected.

see attached for an example. These are obviously different samples being triggered, but the icon on the SEQS page is the same...
    ​​​​​​​

I think you may have a bug

Comment

It's not a bug, it's a feature. :-) As you can imagine, it's really hard to show the full range of notes in the preview icon on the SEQ screen. So the preview displays a range of pads or notes used in the sequence. This means it finds the lowest note/pad in the first few bars and uses that note/pad at the bottom of the grid in the preview icon. The two sequences in the photo have the same pattern, but the second one is shifted up a little. We're open to suggestions about a better way to display the preview as a potential future update.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
        It's not a bug, it's a feature. :-) As you can imagine, it's really hard to show the full range of notes in the preview icon on the SEQ screen. So the preview displays a range of pads or notes used in the sequence. This means it finds the lowest note/pad in the first few bars and uses that note/pad at the bottom of the grid in the preview icon. The two sequences in the photo have the same pattern, but the second one is shifted up a little. We're open to suggestions about a better way to display the preview as a potential future update.
        Preview or not, I’m feeling more strongly about custom color assignments for pads and sequences.

If you could set the sequence background color (and it matched the sequence color on the main sequence page) it would help with remembering which sequence you needed to work on next.

Comment

Ya, I find it tricky to remember which pad is which row in the sequence editor. I just need to learn to count by fours from one (1, 5, 9,...)

Regarding the preview and notes, I'll draw up something for a suggestion. With the example above, it seemed that the bottom row should be empty to show that there are no triggers from pad one.

Comment

Originally posted by IanPatrick View Post
            With the example above, it seemed that the bottom row should be empty to show that there are no triggers from pad one.
            In some cases, the bottom row empty would work, but in others it would mean higher pads would not be visible. For the software to know to leave a blank at the bottom in order to differentiate from the other sequence would require some complex algorithms to compare sequences before creating the thumbnail view for the current sequence, which would take processing power not to mention time to code.
            I totally see your point about the need to keep track of the different sequences. Color doesn't work for all people because a considerable portion of the population is color blind. Naming sequences would take time that you wouldn't want to spend during a live gig, unless you named them in advance. We are open to ideas.

Comment

..... require some complex algorithms to compare sequences before creating the thumbnail view for the current sequence, which would take processing power not to mention time to code.
              ...... Naming sequences would take time that you wouldn't want to spend during a live gig, unless you named them in advance. We are open to ideas.
              I'm not sure why the algorithm would be much more complex than the original one, but obviously I don't know what's happening under the hood. I'm glad you're understanding the request. I made this image previously just in case.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	SEQS-Preview_Icon.png
Views:	48
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	5022

I'd love the ability to name the sequence. I agree it's not good for live, but that's true for quite a few of the other workflows.

Comment

In some cases, the bottom row empty would work, but in others it would mean higher pads would not be visible. For the software to know to leave a blank at the bottom in order to differentiate from the other sequence would require some complex algorithms to compare sequences before creating the thumbnail view for the current sequence, which would take processing power not to mention time to code.
                I totally see your point about the need to keep track of the different sequences. Color doesn't work for all people because a considerable portion of the population is color blind. Naming sequences would take time that you wouldn't want to spend during a live gig, unless you named them in advance. We are open to ideas.
                Christine - shades of grey would work even with colorblind people.

Comment

So do I have a bug because my sequence cells show the notes programmed in that specific sequence? These pics are of sequences using on board samples and sequences set to control external gear and all the notes show up appropriately. I’m confused now.

Comment

Buy what if you click on Info? Do they match up with the preview?

Comment

Originally posted by IanPatrick View Post
                      Buy what if you click on Info? Do they match up with the preview?
                      Yup. Check the pics below.

Comment

Working...
                      X