No announcement yet.

Help with setting up Midi Fighter Twister w/ BlackBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have setup the MFT so that I can trigger the pads with it and change the volume on each pads. Anyone know if I could have a pad in clipmode and toogle it on/off and see that it is on/off (different lights) on the MFT? Are there any more CC values than 7 (volume) that is good to know about?

Comment

CC 10 is another great option and should control the pan of each cell.

Comment

Thanks Aaron!

Comment

Anyone knows what CC value the filter, FX and the pitch is?

Comment

Aaron, your solution for volume control (As before, the channel will span from 1-16 for each pad/knob. You want to use MIDI CC 7 for volume, which is MVOL on blackbox. The term "Encoder MIDI number" is confusing. I interpret that to mean Encoder MIDI controller. Make that be 7.: does this still work on v1.3? I tried it but it didn't do anything. I'm able to get it working using the midi learn, but that would mean I'd have to map everything over and over again when starting a new preset. I did make a blank 'template' preset with midi learn controls, but found out that as soon as I changed the sample type (for example from sample to clip and back again) the volume control changes back to mvol instead of the midi cc I programmed. Also, I found out that putting volume on -50db and midi cc amount on 80% gives me perfect control over pad volume. But there's no way to save this other than on an empty pad in an 'template' preset. Will there be any global Midi-cc learn-saving in a future update?

Comment

Ok I found the solution

you have to use the middle modulation slot to keep the learned midi cc!! The right slot defaults to MVOL each time you change the sample type

Comment

hey guys,
                Just trying to set up Twister with BB. I started out ok, then once I programmed the twister as above. I connected it back to the BB and no lights and no action.
                Anyone any ideas?
                cheers in advance

Comment

Originally posted by yelsnit View Post
                  hey guys,
                  Just trying to set up Twister with BB. I started out ok, then once I programmed the twister as above. I connected it back to the BB and no lights and no action.
                  Anyone any ideas?
                  cheers in advance
                  Hi Yelsnit,
                  Are you are using the supplied USB cable and power supply? If so there is also an issue with the MFT where it draws too much power. check this post: https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...tching-presets

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by yelsnit View Post
                    hey guys,
                    Anyone any ideas?
                    cheers in advance
                    Dim the LEDs in the Midi Fighter Utility app, they ate probably too bright and thus using too much power

Comment

Hi....i mapped the correct midi notes to each push button in the MidiFighter Twister to trigger the pad to playback! I had to plug in the midi note in the "Switch Midi number" in the midi fighter utility.
                      Pushing the button starts the corresponding sample, and the light changes color on the MidiFighter to indicate it's on, but once the sample finishes playing the light stays on like it's still active, even though nothing is happening on that pad. Is there a way to have the status light turn back to it's off color state when the sample finishes?

medical pcb assembly
                      Last edited by ArneyViel; 05-14-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X