X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoutiqueCase
    replied
    Ok I found the solution

you have to use the middle modulation slot to keep the learned midi cc!! The right slot defaults to MVOL each time you change the sample type

Leave a comment:

• BoutiqueCase
    replied
    Aaron, your solution for volume control (As before, the channel will span from 1-16 for each pad/knob. You want to use MIDI CC 7 for volume, which is MVOL on blackbox. The term "Encoder MIDI number" is confusing. I interpret that to mean Encoder MIDI controller. Make that be 7.: does this still work on v1.3? I tried it but it didn't do anything. I'm able to get it working using the midi learn, but that would mean I'd have to map everything over and over again when starting a new preset. I did make a blank 'template' preset with midi learn controls, but found out that as soon as I changed the sample type (for example from sample to clip and back again) the volume control changes back to mvol instead of the midi cc I programmed. Also, I found out that putting volume on -50db and midi cc amount on 80% gives me perfect control over pad volume. But there's no way to save this other than on an empty pad in an 'template' preset. Will there be any global Midi-cc learn-saving in a future update?

Leave a comment:

• xeamus
    replied
    Anyone knows what CC value the filter, FX and the pitch is?

Leave a comment:

• xeamus
    replied
    Thanks Aaron!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    CC 10 is another great option and should control the pan of each cell.

Leave a comment:

• xeamus
    replied
    So I have setup the MFT so that I can trigger the pads with it and change the volume on each pads. Anyone know if I could have a pad in clipmode and toogle it on/off and see that it is on/off (different lights) on the MFT? Are there any more CC values than 7 (volume) that is good to know about?

Leave a comment:

• xeamus
    replied
    Just bought a MIDI Fighter Twister. Its not easy to setup. I would appreciate if we could share tips and trix here. I got it working to trigger a pad and control volume once yesterday (got it yesterday) but then I changed some parameter and I could not get it to work again. I would like a list of all CC/notes in blackbox.

Blackbox is great!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    The Twister (knobs) works standalone. I don't know about the fighter (buttons).

Leave a comment:

• oHeFFeSS
    replied
    Originally posted by Paranormal Patroler View Post
    I've been pondering on getting both the Twister and the original MIDI fighter to launch the samples. I thought the MIDI fighters don't work as standalone MIDI controllers, at least that's what their site says. Is that not correct?
    If this is correct I want to know! I’ve been on the fence about getting all of their products for about a year and have been about to hit purchase so many times... if they don’t work standalone no deal of course.

Leave a comment:

• Paranormal Patroler
    replied
    I've been pondering on getting both the Twister and the original MIDI fighter to launch the samples. I thought the MIDI fighters don't work as standalone MIDI controllers, at least that's what their site says. Is that not correct?

Leave a comment:

• Dean Freud
    replied
    Originally posted by LarvaWorm View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the help with this. I've been able to get it working! Thanks again Aaron
    Would you share the mapping File? I got a Twister too and I would love to test it

Leave a comment:

• LarvaWorm
    replied
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the help with this. I've been able to get it working! Thanks again Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    When you say: Start in the lower left and choose channel 1. Make the Switch MIDI number be 64.
    I just want to confirm that I should change each button's "Encoder Switch Midi channel" from 2 to 64? Am I correct in thinking that I should change all the Switch channels to 64 to group them on the same channel instead of keeping them on 2, which it's currently on? Is that because Midi channel 2 is already being used for something else in the BlackBox?
    No, you want the note number to always be 64 on each cell/knob. Each cell/knob needs a different MIDI channel.

And when you say: Make the Encoder MIDI number be 7 for Volume.
    Did you mean that I should Make the "Encoder Rotary MIDI channel" be 7 instead of 1, not the MIDI number?
    As before, the channel will span from 1-16 for each pad/knob. You want to use MIDI CC 7 for volume, which is MVOL on blackbox. The term "Encoder MIDI number" is confusing. I interpret that to mean Encoder MIDI controller. Make that be 7.

Leave a comment:

• LarvaWorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    You're almost there:

I suggest on bank one, map each knob to a different channel (Switch MIDI Channel and Encode MIDI channel). Start in the lower left and choose channel 1. Make the Switch MIDI number be 64. Make the Encoder MIDI number be 7 for Volume. Work to the right and then upwards

On blackbox, follow the same pattern on the pads. Match each MIDI channel between the knob and the pad position. Use MVOL as your level modulator.

In this way you won't be using the global channel. On each preset you create on blackbox, you will need to map the each pad to a channel.
    Hi Aaron,

Sorry to bump this back up, but I finally have time to sit down and try to program this. I want to confirm i'm following your advice properly...

When you say: Start in the lower left and choose channel 1. Make the Switch MIDI number be 64.
    I just want to confirm that I should change each button's "Encoder Switch Midi channel" from 2 to 64? Am I correct in thinking that I should change all the Switch channels to 64 to group them on the same channel instead of keeping them on 2, which it's currently on? Is that because Midi channel 2 is already being used for something else in the BlackBox?

And when you say: Make the Encoder MIDI number be 7 for Volume.
    Did you mean that I should Make the "Encoder Rotary MIDI channel" be 7 instead of 1, not the MIDI number?

And lastly, are my settings for "Switch Action Type" being "Note Toggle", and "Encoder Midi Type" being set to "Note" correct?

I'm really sorry if i'm making this more complicated then it needs to be...
    Thanks again for the help with this, I really appreciate it!
    Last edited by LarvaWorm; 06-24-2019, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LarvaWorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    You're almost there:

I suggest on bank one, map each knob to a different channel (Switch MIDI Channel and Encode MIDI channel). Start in the lower left and choose channel 1. Make the Switch MIDI number be 64. Make the Encoder MIDI number be 7 for Volume. Work to the right and then upwards

On blackbox, follow the same pattern on the pads. Match each MIDI channel between the knob and the pad position. Use MVOL as your level modulator.

In this way you won't be using the global channel. On each preset you create on blackbox, you will need to map the each pad to a channel.
    Thank you so much for the reply! I will try this out real soon and report back on how it goes.
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X