Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preset XML format

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Preset XML format

    Hi there!

    I was wondering whether it would be possible to get some schema for the preset XML?

    I realize the schema is not public API and may change at any moment, but...

    The reason I ask is that I started working on an offline tool (used on the computer), to easily manage samples, sequences, sections, etc...
    I have many ideas I wish to implement in this tool!

    Anyway, simply looking at the various preset files, I noticed 3 (!) different formats which all seem to be supported.
    This makes reversing the XML format harder
    Thanks!

    P.S. I most certainly plan on publishing this tool on github once I have something worthwhile

  • #2
    Thanks for taking a look at the XML file. We are using C code to read and write the files so there isn't a schema file to give.

    Behind the scenes, each parameter you seen on screen has a specific name/value pair. At the very least, the overall structure should be apparent even if every little parameter is not.

    I hope this helps.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the quick reply!

      The overall structure is indeed very apparent and quite easy to work with, but the unknowns still exist (specifically, more than one format makes me wonder what is the latest format, is it the one generated when I create a new preset? Is there more than 1 format that is considered "active"?)

      Anyway, I understand the way things are, I was just hoping for something more

      Comment


      • #4
        There's only one format. Perhaps what may be tripping you up are the four different cell types: Pads (Sample), SEQ, Song Section, and FX.

        Comment


        • #5
          That's not what I'm seeing in the presets bundled with the supplied SD card.

          The main format (the one I see the most) indeed has a structure of
          Code:
          <document>
              <session>
                  <cell type="...">...</cell>
                  ...
              </session>
          </document>
          Where the different cell types are denoted by the type attribute.

          The other format I see (less frequently, but frequently enough) looks like this
          Code:
          <document>
              <session>
                  <track>
                      <clip filename="...">...</clip>
                  </track>
                  ...
              </session>
          </document>
          This format only seems to support pad definitions.

          The third format is very similar to the first ("main") format with slight variations - e.g. for cell types of section, the bar length parameter is named
          Code:
          sectionlen
          instead of
          Code:
          sectionlenbars
          There may be other differences I have yet to notice.

          At the moment, I'm supporting the first format which I think is OK, but just wanted to mention the other ones.

          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            By the way, the first format has something I cannot seem to explain (other than a bug in the generating code).
            For cells of types sample and noteseq, an additional 5th column seems to be generated (indexed at column=4 in the zero based indexing scheme used there).
            What I mean by that is that I see 4 additional cells with rows 0 to 3 that have 4 written in the column attribute, although no such column exists on the blackbox to begin with.

            Comment

            Working...
            X