MIDI Question - transport controls from external controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI Question - transport controls from external controller

First of all - I'm a total MIDI and sequencing noob, but the Blackbox was too cool not to purchase and learn on...

Anyway, I'm interested in getting my first MIDI controller for the BB and I'd like it to be able to trigger the transport controls (REC, STOP, PLAY).

I didn't see the MIDI keys in the user guide for those controls. I was wondering if they exist, what they are and if this is possible.

Looking into the Presonus Atom and the Novation Launchkey Mini FYI.

Thanks in advance.

I am able to trigger PLAY and STOP from an Arturia Beatstep via MIDI, both USB host MIDI and via the MIDI In TRS jack. It doesn't have REC, so not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by infinirock View Post
      First of all - I'm a total MIDI and sequencing noob, but the Blackbox was too cool not to purchase and learn on...

Anyway, I'm interested in getting my first MIDI controller for the BB and I'd like it to be able to trigger the transport controls (REC, STOP, PLAY).

I didn't see the MIDI keys in the user guide for those controls. I was wondering if they exist, what they are and if this is possible.

Thanks in advance.
      I have a Presonus Atom and the transport controls don’t work on the BB.

Comment

There is a MIDI play and stop command, but sadly no standard exists for the record button. We have creating some note mappings for each of these on our request list.

Comment

Really hoping that CC assignment to mixer levels is on that list. :P

Comment

Originally posted by nyquist View Post
            So currently you can't use a midi fader controller to control the volume levels of each pad in the mix window, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nyquist View Post
              Just got a Beatstep Pro and having midi CC assignments for mixer levels and panning would be super useful considering how the BSP works in "controller" mode

Comment

Originally posted by Bitcat View Post

So currently you can't use a midi fader controller to control the volume levels of each pad in the mix window, right?
                You can do this with some effort. Check out this thread:
                https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ter-w-blackbox

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post

You can do this with some effort. Check out this thread:
                  https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...ter-w-blackbox
                  Thanks Aaron! I don't think that would be possible using a different midi controller without its own software to map channels ecc. Also it would be even better to have the possibility to control the volume levels in the mix window.

I hope you will soon add a midi learn function for quick and easy setup!

Comment

Originally posted by infinirock View Post

Thanks in advance.
                    I use Presonus Atom, REC, STOP & PLAY don't work with BB

Comment

I think play and stop only work when the controller is also sending midi clock.

Comment

Working...
                      X