BB Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB Love

Just wanted to show some gratitude to the 1010 Team for this lovely box of tricks.
    I’m truly grateful for such a useful and inspiring device.
    The second I saw it I knew I would have to get my hands on it.
    And I did...
    This little fellow is a lifer, even if it never gets another update, as is, I love it so much.

Thank you

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate them. I'm glad you are enjoying it. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Vril.i.am View Post
      Just wanted to show some gratitude to the 1010 Team for this lovely box of tricks.
      The second I saw it I knew I would have to get my hands on it.
      And I did...
      This little fellow is a lifer, even if it never gets another update, as is, I love it so much.

Thank you
      I SECOND THAT EMOTION

The BB is everything that I wanted some of my other gear (I'm looking at you, TE and Elektron) to be and wasn't. It is intuitive, immediate, powerful and, most importantly, is FUN to play. I regard it as an instrument and not a tool, it's as quick as my acoustic guitar.

What I would love next is a little box exactly the same form factor as the BB but it's a standalone 8 or 16-track multitrack, straight to microSD. To be completely unchained from DAWs would be lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by Vril.i.am View Post
        Hear hear!

I'm also really thankful for this instrument (what it feels like to me) being in existence.. It's such a fun, intuitive and inspirational little box.

I keep discovering more and more things I can do with it and I'm absolutely loving the music I'm making with it.

Comment

Hah, I’ve been using mine lately exactly like a multitracker with a Soma Pipe and then slicing the tish out of it all to remix too. Record it all back into an empty slot and start again, insanity.
          Just being able to record anything so freely is really liberating, no worries about space, bars, beats, even timing. The slicer is fantastic!
          No more Octatrack sample limitations!

Comment

This week I spent a few hours bouncing down all of my favourite acoustic drums and cymbals from Superior Drummer into .wav files with 16 one shots (from low to high velocity) in them, and then loaded them into the Slicer and assigned VEL 100% to the "Slice" mod slot, and then deactivated VEL from the "Level" mod slot, and voila! Perfect multisample velocity layering.. I'm in bliss

Comment

Thank you all. I'm glad to hear our efforts are worth it. Take care.

Comment

Made my first finished track with BB which is proving to be exactly what I hoped for.

I work in a DAWless studio and have tried various samplers over the years and all have been non intuative and dull to use. I have remained a synthesizer and sequencer addict so to add the BB and find it easy and fun to use is a dream come true. Thanks guys.

Midi thru from Keys and a sample trim and normalize and it couldn't be better.

John W

Comment

Hey,
                Without wishing to excavate or probe into areas as crass as money/profit or blah, blah...

AaronChristine I wonder just how many little brothers and sisters my BlackBox has? I imagine they are extremely popular but wondered if maybe there is a current production figure or maybe serial number so we can keep tabs on just how many BBs are out there shaking their tush!
                Like tentacles on an octopus I’m sure the family is far and wide. Having to sign up to dl the OS is a master stroke.
                Maybe a serial number thread? Check in

I truly love my little BB and hope this lovely community grows, and of course with it the very Box that brought us here!

Comment

• Christine
                  Christine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Let's just say it's been a very popular product for us. I'm still waiting for the day when I see one "in the wild", though. Maybe some day it will be big enough to inspire local user groups. But I don't think the volume is there for that .... yet. :-)

Also really, really love the blackbox.
                Congrats to you for creating the most inspiring sampling/sequencing machine i've seen in 20 years!
                And thanks so much to really listening to the users and making this even better.
                btw: serial number 318 here.
                edit: and serial 286 as backup
                Last edited by Zapman; 07-15-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Christine
                  Christine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  one word of caution. Serial numbers aren't always serial. :-)

• Zapman
                  Zapman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But at least they are unique an ascending, aren't they ? Can you reveal the secret behind the BBs serial numbers ?

• sergeymoraru
                  sergeymoraru commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only 20 years?? I have not seen such inspiration for about 40+ years!! I'm almost 60 now, and I've started with all analog stuff coming through the reel-to-reel/quarter-inch/DAT/cassette/CD bla-bla-bla.... THIS is the first time I feel myself like HOME! Really I do. Thanks Aaron and TEAM!!

I have been looking for a machine that can help reduce my dependency on the laptop in my live electronic music rig. I started with a Korg Kaoss Pad and that lasted about three days before I realized it was not the answer. Next I purchased an Electrictribe Sampler. It was closer, but with a limit of 270 seconds of sampling time (half that for stereo samples), was limited to start with. So third time is the charm. Just spent my first weekend with Black Box and I can't even begin to express my gratitude to the developers for this wonderful instrument. It just invites the user to play and have fun. Everything about it is intuitive and it plays so nicely with my modular rig.

I have been involved in electronic music since the seventies and it has been a couple of decades since an instrument has felt like a game changer to me. Thanks for delivering the goods.
                Last edited by Borgbilly; 08-03-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• sergeymoraru
                  sergeymoraru commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Feel ya sir! Same boat, same boat.... Since 70-s it's a game changer indeed!

recently i was walking round in the atlantic sea shore fiddeling on this little racker! really openig up alternative workflows ... love 1010m ab

Comment

Mines just came in the post & joined up the forum to see what peeps saying. Will prob be asking some questions (hopefully sensible ones) in the near future. Looking forward to messing about with the BB & hopefully improve on my ludicrously slow work flow

Comment

Working...
                  X