X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song section with an odd beat?

Hey all,
    I have a short question:
    Is it possible to play a song section with an odd beat - for example 3/4 or 7/8?
    When I use a 7/8 sequence in a song section (1Bar), blackbox always plays 8/8. Did I miss anything? Or is that something for the wish list?

Originally posted by maasijam View Post
    Hey all,
    I have a short question:
    Is it possible to play a song section with an odd beat - for example 3/4 or 7/8?
    When I use a 7/8 sequence in a song section (1Bar), blackbox always plays 8/8. Did I miss anything? Or is that something for the wish list?
    You might have your quantization setting (for the sequence) set up for 1 bar, or a smaller quantization setting which follows the end of the sequence with a note that kicks the cutoff over onto the next bar.

Comment

Originally posted by oHeFFeSS View Post

You might have your quantization setting (for the sequence) set up for 1 bar, or a smaller quantization setting which follows the end of the sequence with a note that kicks the cutoff over onto the next bar.
      Hey, thanks for the reply. But I don't understand exactly what you mean. These are my sequence (7/8) settings:
      Step Len: 1/8
      Step Count: 7
      Quant Size: 1/8
      When I'm not in song mode this 7/8 sequence works perfect.
      But I want to use it in song mode.
      Like this:
      section 1 (4/4, 4/4, 4/4)
      section 2 (7/8)
      section 3 (4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4)

Sorry, English is not my native language

Comment

Originally posted by maasijam View Post

Hey, thanks for the reply. But I don't understand exactly what you mean. These are my sequence (7/8) settings:
        Step Len: 1/8
        Step Count: 7
        Quant Size: 1/8
        When I'm not in song mode this 7/8 sequence works perfect.
        But I want to use it in song mode.
        Like this:
        section 1 (4/4, 4/4, 4/4)
        section 2 (7/8)
        section 3 (4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4)

Sorry, English is not my native language
        Now it's time for Christine or Aaron to answer...

Comment

Our products are all 4/4. There's no way to change it. This would be a wishlist item if you'd like to support other beat patterns. If you add a wishlist request, please specify which patterns you would want to support. There are many possibilities, and I don't think it would make sense for us to support them all.

Comment

I’d definitely back this as a wish list item.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
              Our products are all 4/4. There's no way to change it. This would be a wishlist item if you'd like to support other beat patterns. If you add a wishlist request, please specify which patterns you would want to support. There are many possibilities, and I don't think it would make sense for us to support them all.
              Thanks for your reply. I added already a wishlist request. It's here under point three.

Comment

Working...
              X