Companion Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companion Apps

Here's a cool idea - post apps you've used that help create, alter, or organize samples you're using on the blackbox...

Here's a fantastic set of two apps that allow you to create synth sounds that work great with blackbox.

Hardcore & Softcore:

https://www.floats.se/software

NOTE - to use these sounds well you'll need to go to the info screen after loading them to a pad and turn "LaunchMode" to "Gate" and make sure one of the loop modes is on. After that, you can customize how the instrument behaves with the ADSR envelope.

NOTE 2 - Christine or Aaron These two programs allow you to set the ideal "cycle length" of the synth sounds. The standard length it suggests for use with Digitakt is "367"... which essentially corresponds with the length of the sample in the Blackbox interface. Do you have a suggestion of how long this cycle length should be? I only ask because I imagine having too short of a sample length might cause the blackbox extra stress when looping indefinitely.

This is really interesting, thanks for sharing it. I just downloaded them and started playing around -- I'm going to loose hours just shaping waveforms!

Comment

• oHeFFeSS
      oHeFFeSS commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool - when you’re playing with hardcore, try to think of the different types of waves as steps which operate on the previous step in the chain - thinking about it that way helped me. Also note in hardcore you can click and drag on the waveform icons themselves in addition to the amount to change what kind of waveform you want to mix into the final wave.

Thanks oHeFFeSS that's wild, sort of FM-ish? All I know so far is that I randomized until I created the "chonky cat, minimalist mouse" waveform and all is right with the world. Click image for larger version

Name:	conkycat_minimouse.png
Views:	93
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	5771

Comment

• oHeFFeSS
      oHeFFeSS commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your description... I find the waveforms that appeal the most to me visually don't always correspond with the ones I'm most excited to listen to.

Hardcore I think it's sort of FM - whatever it is is badass. At first I was thinking softcore was cooler but that's just because I was being lazy.
Working...
X