Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your main use case for the blackbox ? Sample module or main sequencer, other ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Blackbox in a studio setting, and also as a mobile device. It's great that I can sketch out a simple beat while I'm on my lunch break, on the bus, or waiting at an appointment.

I then take that beat back to the studio, re-create the sequence on Squarp Pyramid, and further develop. Blackbox has been an amazing creative tool. Especially in conjunction with Squarp Pyramid, Yamaha MODX, and the Elektron boxes: Digitakt, and Digitone.
    Last edited by jdg179; 09-08-2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I purchased the BB to have a portable on the go sampler to capture my Modular performances and intergrade it to my performances.

Comment

Pretty much use the BB as a drum machine and midi sequencer for my finger drumming setup.

I combine drum samples with analog drums to create a hybrid kit that I loop and layer on the fly.
        Some pads are digital, some are analog, and some are a mixture of both.
        I keep the top left upmost pad free for a sample that I control via my keystep.

Absolutely love how the BB has opened up by options in ways that has really allowed my creativity to be harnessed.
        The size alone is huge in terms of that!
        As you can see from the picture, being able to mount the BB between two drum controllers and underneath my drum synthesizer has made my workflow so much better.

Very excited for this machines future!

Kinda want 2 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by cdbarbuto View Post
          As you can see from the picture, being able to mount the BB between two drum controllers and underneath my drum synthesizer has made my workflow so much better
          Nice setup!

I use mine for sampling my other synths and bring with me when I go to work to make songs. It is so portable!

Comment

Working...
          X