Step sequencing CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step sequencing CV

Is it possible to manually set CV values per sequencer step on the BB? I own a Minilogue XD which can sequence motion on up to 4 parameters per step. If I were to get a BB and forego the XD sequencer and use the BB sequencer instead I could still hold on to the motion step sequencing via the XD CV1/2 inputs and CV sequencing, if such a thing exists.

The blackbox doesn't generate CV on its own, but you can do this by first sampling the CV from another piece of gear onto the blackbox. Since the blackbox is DC coupled, it can sample control voltage as well as normal audio.

Comment

• chussung
      chussung commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't found any good demonstrations of how to record CV. John, do you have any "how to" on your youtube? Not looking to blow my unit up as the guy who wont ask for directions. Looking for plug this, press that... found performances but not the mechanics.

chussung I can make a video demonstration of that. The good news is you won't blow up the Blackbox by recording CV from your modular!

Comment

would it be possible to upload some sampled cv ? (for those who cant record it but would try it out with an 0 coast for example )

Comment

nidalmtl sure thing, here's a short sample of CV and another of gate. Had to keep them small and compress in a .zip in order to upload here. cv_gate_samples.zip

Comment

chussung here's a video I made on sampling CV onto the blackbox

Comment

• chussung
            chussung commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Have to say the Youtube flagged me in before I saw it here (hey I'm a Youtube subscriber). This is exactly what I needed!

great stuff!
          thanks John

Comment

Awesome ! Thank you John !

Comment

Nice work John. Keep doing the Blackbox videos!

Comment

Working...
              X