No announcement yet.

Blackbox 1.2 Beta Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user and I see this update is only a week old, which is great because trimming my samples was crashing the box, lol. Fixed with this update. I LOVE THIS UNIT. Just enough functionality to be extremely useful without trying to be everything (like every other sampler on the market). I want to buy a second one, assume development is in the works to support multiple functionality like the euro versions (sampler, fx, synth all toggle-able with firmware)?

Comment

Thinking of buying a second one too

Comment

As mentioned previously , I too noticed you can't enter a note below c2 from the SEQS>KEYS screen, otherwise fantastic update thanks

Comment

Regarding the copy/paste of pads - could this be a work around for applying a 16 slice loop (for example) to each pad? So copy/paste pad (first slice) to new pad and then adjust to slice 2?

Comment

• Zapman
            Zapman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. That'll work. But a slice to sample function would be nice to have to save the individual slices to reuse them in other contexts.

This is an issue I spotted when I first got Blackbox, yet still persists in latest firmware, and prevents the use of Pad 1 at all, Steps to reproduce bug - place any sample into pad 1, then connect a midi instrument to black box's midi out on some channel, next go create a KEYS sequence of notes and assign it to the external midi instrument's channel. if you play said sequence, you will hear pad 1 triggered on every note, despite not having made a PADS sequence. If you open said sequence and switch to PADS on it you will see a corresponding midi note has been automatically added to pad 1 for every note created in the Keys sequence, within the same sequence, if you delete the auto-generated Pad 1 notes, they are auto generated again as soon as you play the sequence. this must be absolutely infuriating to novice blackbox users and I'm amazed this still persists in the latest firmware. I know of at least one user who has since sold their blackbox, it's great to add new features, but while this bug is simple to work around, it's absolutely inane that this is in there.
          Last edited by digidestrukt; 09-07-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I think of the PADS and KEYS piano rolls as two different views of the same sequence. To me, the KEYS piano roll indicates if there's any pitch shifting of the sample at any given step that's being triggered as shown on the PADS view.
            I can understand how this is confusing if someone's using the blackbox as a sequencer for external gear and doesn't want to hear the "sacrifical" pad sample being played for that sequence. The way things are currently set up, it's probably best to mute that pad over in the MIX page.

Comment

I'm sorry if this comment is not in the appropriate discussion. I do not own a Blackbox yet but wanted to let the 1010music crew that, because of this update, I decided to get one. I am needing a sampler-sequencer and after much time evaluating the options, the Blackbox is the clear winner. Not only it was an already superb box at launch but the updates and relationship with customers are making a huge difference.

Comment

Is the new granular synthesis feature in the last firmware update monophonic or poliphonic?

Comment

Working...
                X