No announcement yet.

Blackbox 1.2 Beta Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user and I see this update is only a week old, which is great because trimming my samples was crashing the box, lol. Fixed with this update. I LOVE THIS UNIT. Just enough functionality to be extremely useful without trying to be everything (like every other sampler on the market). I want to buy a second one, assume development is in the works to support multiple functionality like the euro versions (sampler, fx, synth all toggle-able with firmware)?

Comment

Thinking of buying a second one too

Comment

As mentioned previously , I too noticed you can't enter a note below c2 from the SEQS>KEYS screen, otherwise fantastic update thanks

Comment

Regarding the copy/paste of pads - could this be a work around for applying a 16 slice loop (for example) to each pad? So copy/paste pad (first slice) to new pad and then adjust to slice 2?

Comment

• Zapman
            Zapman commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. That'll work. But a slice to sample function would be nice to have to save the individual slices to reuse them in other contexts.

This is an issue I spotted when I first got Blackbox, yet still persists in latest firmware, and prevents the use of Pad 1 at all, Steps to reproduce bug - place any sample into pad 1, then connect a midi instrument to black box's midi out on some channel, next go create a KEYS sequence of notes and assign it to the external midi instrument's channel. if you play said sequence, you will hear pad 1 triggered on every note, despite not having made a PADS sequence. If you open said sequence and switch to PADS on it you will see a corresponding midi note has been automatically added to pad 1 for every note created in the Keys sequence, within the same sequence, if you delete the auto-generated Pad 1 notes, they are auto generated again as soon as you play the sequence. this must be absolutely infuriating to novice blackbox users and I'm amazed this still persists in the latest firmware. I know of at least one user who has since sold their blackbox, it's great to add new features, but while this bug is simple to work around, it's absolutely inane that this is in there.
          Last edited by digidestrukt; 09-07-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I think of the PADS and KEYS piano rolls as two different views of the same sequence. To me, the KEYS piano roll indicates if there's any pitch shifting of the sample at any given step that's being triggered as shown on the PADS view.
            I can understand how this is confusing if someone's using the blackbox as a sequencer for external gear and doesn't want to hear the "sacrifical" pad sample being played for that sequence. The way things are currently set up, it's probably best to mute that pad over in the MIX page.

Comment

I'm sorry if this comment is not in the appropriate discussion. I do not own a Blackbox yet but wanted to let the 1010music crew that, because of this update, I decided to get one. I am needing a sampler-sequencer and after much time evaluating the options, the Blackbox is the clear winner. Not only it was an already superb box at launch but the updates and relationship with customers are making a huge difference.

Comment

Is the new granular synthesis feature in the last firmware update monophonic or poliphonic?

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Monophonic

Great update. So happy with how it’s turning out so far.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Great update! A couple of comments. First a problem i came across a few times:

i just noticed that sometimes, unpredictably, the preview "play" function when browsing the files doesn't work, however once selected the sample loads fine. From that moment if i keep browsing other sounds they won't "preview play" anymore in browsing mode until i go back to the pads screen, then i select another pad and start browsing again. I tried to spot the root cause but i couldn't reproduce it systematically. Has anyone come across such problem? is it maybe due some strange formatted WAV file(s)?

Second: i wish there was an advanced sample editor where you could select a region of the wave form, cut it and paste it into a NEW sample to be saved. Is this feature missing or i've missed it and it's hidden in plain sight?

Comment

Has anyone noticed the bottom left knob almost moving by itself for certain values? Like in this video of my unit. I did the firmware upgrade right away so I'm not sure if the older firmwares didn't do this?? Any insight would be great!

Comment

• kraftf
                      kraftf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeap, happens to me frequently in many pages. I am on 1.2.2 too. Not a big deal though.

Hi!

Most of the "SL" presets do not work properly for me - but I have my BlackBox freshly, so I cannot say for sure if they worked when I was still on 1.0.6. Therefore: Are the SL presets working for everybody else on 1.2.2?

Is there an updated version of the presets available online somewhere, then I would overwrite my SD with them.

Has anyone noticed the bottom left knob almost moving by itself for certain values?
                    Yes, I've seen that, too. Not a big deal though so far.

Comment

I've noticed a bug. Zoom right into a long waveform that's like 3 mins long. Move to the middle of it. Turn the start point so it moves towards the middle. It bugs out and gets about half way and goes back to 0.

Comment

Mine also bugs out on the Play screen. Sometimes browsing samples the Play fails to trigger. Load a sound and it works again.

Comment

Hey everyone! New user here. Really enjoying the blackbox. Pleasantly surprised to see these updates coming frequently.

I'm sequencing external gear via midi, and have quickly figured out the necessary workarounds. When I get some time, I plan on posting a how-to to help others who are doing the same.

This update I believe added the ability to change note length via knobs in the sequence editor view. That's great.

One thing that surprised me was the fact that notes recorded via midi in don't keep their length. I get that this is more like a traditional step sequencer. But if the blackbox did this, it could replace two other pieces of gear for me.

Comment

• TheSufferah
                            TheSufferah commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looking forward to ur vids!!
                        Working...
                        X