A disco jam pushing the blackbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A disco jam pushing the blackbox

Here's a (kind of) disco jam I did on the blackbox only, pushing it pretty hard in terms of sampling, sequencing and using its granular feature update as well. The sequencer runs the entire track and is stringed together in the Song mode, and I'm mixing pretty heavily 8 step one shot sequences with 64 bar recorded launched loops, and anything in between and some granular loops to tear it all up.

I don't think it can be said enough how powerful the blackbox is as a tool for writing actual songs, thanks to the flexibility of the sequencing options,

Anyway, here goes:
    https://soundcloud.com/circuitghost/...co-came-around

Left the comment on the Soundcloud, repeating here - AWESOME! Love it! Very nicely done indeed. BB rules!

Comment

Great example of what can be achieved just with the BB! Really dig your style!
      I'm hoping for more Midi CC control and recording in a next update for even more expressive and creative soundcrafting.

Comment

Originally posted by sergeymoraru View Post
        Left the comment on the Soundcloud, repeating here - AWESOME! Love it! Very nicely done indeed. BB rules!
        Thank you yes, it's an amazing piece of kit. Think it's getting my Gear of the Year vote, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
          Great example of what can be achieved just with the BB! Really dig your style!
          I'm hoping for more Midi CC control and recording in a next update for even more expressive and creative soundcrafting.
          Thank you, that's very nice of you to say looking at recent updates, midi seems a focus point. There's been substantial midi improvements by each firmware upgrade. Here's hoping.

Comment

Working...
          X