New Blackbox for sale UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blackbox for sale UK

I have a nearly new blackbox for sale. Used for one day only. I liked it but unfortunately it could be unreliable with my live setup for now, especially with my massive fat fingers. I could send it back to the shop but thought someone might save me the trouble as I have already sent too many synths back to this shop and my karma is running out.

£525

Hi!
    Just of curiosity. Why do you keep buying and returning/selling things so often?

Comment

Well I wouldn't say too often. I have bought and sold loads of synths and controllers in the past year trying to get an ergonomic workflow in my new studio. It's been interesting getting back to using hardware after having to use a MacBook and controller keyboard for the last 12 years because I toured in a motorhome.
      Synth wise I tried more or less in this order ... Access Virus TI2, Novation Peak, Roland Se-02, Prophet 6, Roland V-Synth, Minitaur, Sub 37, Digitone, Deepmind 12, maybe a few others ..

The Virus is my favourite by a long long way ... I have not found anything that can better it for anything from ambient to beautiful analog emulations despite the berks who claim you can recreate it in software. So that's all I have now along with plugins like Omnisphere, Sylenth and NI stuff in Komplete.

I know what I like and have played synths ever since buying my first one which was a Korg MS-20 in 1979 ( I was 14 and it cost me a lot of paper round money )

In my bid to find a hardware sequencer / sampler I have bought / sold ..... Pioneer SP16, Roland SP404, MPC live, Octatrak 2 .. the closest to being OK was the Toraiz but the midi side was lame with no updates to make it any better. The Roland was OK but no ... The rest I found more complicated than using a DAW. I am a musician and can play stuff with my fingers, my head is full of music .. why should I complicate things with crazy multiple screens, shift this, parameter that .. it's all left side of brain stuff ..not for me. Maybe my brain is getting even slower nowadays .. I dunno ... but I think I just want to enjoy myself without having to do a maths exam every time I write a new song. I have produced quite few out there but I am not telling you who I am.

I am still tempted to hang on to the blackbox and get a controller pad but it doesn't get on with my virus and I sort of don't trust the in / outputs for my clumsiness on stage but huge respect to Aaron for the direction this thing is going in ... please don't complicate it just because you can ( like Akai ) ... aim for the smoothest workflow and rock solid performance.

So now I am at a loss ... Maybe just a Machine MK3. ... maybe a Roland MC-707 .... when will manufacturers wake up and realise that despite the proliferation of wannabe DJs and number tweekers that there are still musicians around who want an uncomplicated midi / audio machine like there were in the 1990s but just sling an SD card in there. Sorted.
      hahahaha .. rant over ..sorry about that ... respect to everyone .. Pesc
      Last edited by Pescarus; 09-30-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pescarus View Post
        Well I wouldn't say too often. I have bought and sold loads of synths and controllers in the past year trying to get an ergonomic workflow in my new studio. It's been interesting getting back to using hardware after having to use a MacBook and controller keyboard for the last 12 years because I toured in a motorhome.
        Synth wise I tried more or less in this order ... Access Virus TI2, Novation Peak, Roland Se-02, Prophet 6, Roland V-Synth, Minitaur, Sub 37, Digitone, Deepmind 12, maybe a few others ..

The Virus is my favourite by a long long way ... I have not found anything that can better it for anything from ambient to beautiful analog emulations despite the berks who claim you can recreate it in software. So that's all I have now along with plugins like Omnisphere, Sylenth and NI stuff in Komplete.

I know what I like and have played synths ever since buying my first one which was a Korg MS-20 in 1979 ( I was 14 and it cost me a lot of paper round money )

In my bid to find a hardware sequencer / sampler I have bought / sold ..... Pioneer SP16, Roland SP404, MPC live, Octatrak 2 .. the closest to being OK was the Toraiz but the midi side was lame with no updates to make it any better. The Roland was OK but no ... The rest I found more complicated than using a DAW. I am a musician and can play stuff with my fingers, my head is full of music .. why should I complicate things with crazy multiple screens, shift this, parameter that .. it's all left side of brain stuff ..not for me. Maybe my brain is getting even slower nowadays .. I dunno ... but I think I just want to enjoy myself without having to do a maths exam every time I write a new song. I have produced quite few out there but I am not telling you who I am.

I am still tempted to hang on to the blackbox and get a controller pad but it doesn't get on with my virus and I sort of don't trust the in / outputs for my clumsiness on stage but huge respect to Aaron for the direction this thing is going in ... please don't complicate it just because you can ( like Akai ) ... aim for the smoothest workflow and rock solid performance.

So now I am at a loss ... Maybe just a Machine MK3. ... maybe a Roland MC-707 .... when will manufacturers wake up and realise that despite the proliferation of wannabe DJs and number tweekers that there are still musicians around who want an uncomplicated midi / audio machine like there were in the 1990s but just sling an SD card in there. Sorted.
        I love how dedicated you have been to finding your perfect setup. My eyes have been on the MC-707 too but there are some pretty glaring issues that the demo guys have pointed out which makes it to me not on my radar. I don’t know whether Toraiz is ever going to “get the picture” on their gear... and Akai definitely won’t.

In my opinion the Blackbox is the most exciting sampler out there - but I’m also a serious Digitone user so if I weren’t so committed to space saving efficiency and battery power then I might get a Digitakt or an Octatrack. Yes the multiple button press shortcut thing is frustrating... I use my Digitone all the time and I still learn shortcuts every few weeks.

No matter what though, the fact that the Blackbox comes with multiple outputs makes it pro gear and worthy regardless of its limitations (and in some ways because of them).

My eyes are on the new Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3 or the Presonus Atom as the best controllers out there for BB.

Comment

I am not an musician, but I love making music and collect gears. I start buying hardware synths last year. Since then I have bought and sold an Nord Electro 6, SE-02, Peak, TR-8S, Push 2 etc. Now I own a OB-6, OP-1, OP-Z, Force, Uno synth, Roland FP 30, Deluge etc.. ..and a blackbox. I have alot of midicontrollers too and my last controller happened to be a Novation Launchkey mini MK3, to control the blackbox. I have not got it yet but hope it arrives this week. I hope it works well with the blackbox. So.. I am not judging anyone who likes buying/trying new gears, its alot of fun if one is able to afford it.

I dont believe there is a perfect setup, only a setup that inspires you to do the things you want to do. For me, the blackbox does that. And my Deluge. The Deluge is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pescarus View Post

The best hardware sequencer ever made and still is, is the Yamaha RS 7000. This in combination with the blackbox as a sampler is a killer combo for me.

Comment

Nice to hear I'm not the only one with a never ending gear transformation trying to get my brain aligned with technology. Respect !
              I have been tempted by the Deluge for ages but I am scared it will leave my extreme artist, right brain, hippy self head butting my yoghurt making machine. I feel like that for most new tech.
              So for now ..... I have sold everything and just relying on a Mac and Logic ( only because I have struggled with it since Emagic days so it owes me ) ... that with a new fantangled NI keyboard with 2 screens that tells me what sort of triple saxophone reversed sparkly super chop sample I supposed to be playing. And that NI Jam thing for when I need to put it all together in a musical way.
              The blackbox is so close ... how about a big one with big pads / step seq buttons and the best midi for keyboards with the least possible brain FCKS so that real musicians can finally have a machine that compliments our already musically cluttered brain. It would sell sell sell .... please Aaron ? cheers .. Pesc
              Last edited by Pescarus; 10-02-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

in fact ... take something like the Mc707 , ditch the dated synth engine, add the option of 16 tracks, incorporate unlimited sampling with timestretch into each track. ... keep it simple simple simple and you would automatically go to number 1 in the charts ahead of Akai, Pioneer, and everything else. Ignore the wanabee DJ market,... just do this.

Comment

Working...
                X