Blackbox 1.3 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
    I think, if you set volume to the lowest possible value and the CC amount to 100% it should reach the +12dB when CC value is 127.
    So, your right, you have to guess/tryout how many % would equal 0dB. For other parameters, it will maybe easier, or in case of beatsynced delay time even harder to set up,
    But I actually like the way it is now, it feels more explorative.
    There ARE two free spaces for, say, setting the MIN and MAX of a given CC control, right below the existing CC assignment controls... Just saying

Comment

Wow! Awesome update. I was about to write a simple program to create a "sample chain" with cue markers for the slices but it's not useful anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
        However: Saving the root note with the sample on the BB did not work for me, so i could not test the key mapping
        I can confirm this, root note is not saved via BB.

Also is there any way to save the sampled file directly into a directory? It’s a bit cumbersome to unload the SD card and move stuff around at a computer now that the BB is such a great standalone tool.

Great update though! Many thanks :-)

Comment

Wow if this is what happens when I don't visit the forum for a couple of days, I'm going to stay away more often lol. You continue to kill it 1010Music! Thank you for the update!

Comment

Thank you everyone at 1010!!!! So excited to try the new CC's

Comment

Furnas I was able to use Beatstep knobs with MIDI CC learn. Are you able to use the pads on your Beatstep to trigger (just as a baseline test that the MIDI channel is being received).

Comment

• Furnas
                Furnas commented
                Editing a comment
                yes I did. Something was wrong with the beatstep.

Nice update, it's getting really powerful, MIDI cc is a big addition it well integrates in a hardware setup now. Also eager to make some multi-sampling in there.

Now v1.4 should be all about improving SEQS and PSET master out :

- Add various FX + Filter with resonance as parameters available in SEQS + on as master FX

- Parameter/FX automation recording in SEQS and master parameters

- Bring MIDI file import, some randomness features and micro-steps in SEQS

Comment

Originally posted by Furnas View Post
                Thanks for the upgrade
                Has anyone tried to use the knobs of the beatstep to control the black box through midi cc? Doesn't seem to work..
                Aaron says you need to connect the Arturia beatstep using the TRS cable, not USB. Please give that a try. There TRS cables in the box with blackbox. Also remember they need to be TRS, not just TS cables.

Also, read our blogpost about TRS MIDI compatibility:https://1010music.com/stereo-minijac...tibility-guide

Last edited by Christine; 10-18-2019, 12:52 PM. Reason: Add info about TRS MIDI compatibility.

Comment

• JohnPark
                  JohnPark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is not the case -- I have a Beatstep (not Pro) plugged into blackbox over USB MIDI only and can use the Beatstep's knobs to send CC to the blackbox.

Originally posted by Christine View Post

Aaron says you need to connect the Arturia beatstep using the TRS cable, not USB. Please give that a try. There TRS cables in the box with blackbox. Also remember they need to be TRS, not just TS cables.
                Does this apply to both the Arturia Beatstep and the Beatstep Pro? Thanks.

Comment

Hi! I loaded 1.3 tonight. A song I'm working on sounds a bit different. Took me a few to figure out the reverb settings seemed to have slightly changed or something. First, is it just me or does the reverb have a way better tail now? Damping seems to be controlling Decay. Curious is this is just me.

I've been travelling with Blackbox quite a bit and it is such a great PRO travel instrument. Super exciting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulstokes View Post
                    Damping seems to be controlling Decay. Curious is this is just me.
                    That is my experience as well. I cannot hear any difference when I adjust the decay parameter.

Comment

Originally posted by torbenfrylund View Post

That is my experience as well. I cannot hear any difference when I adjust the decay parameter.
                      Yes I have the same feeling too that something changed in reverb but it doesn't really matter in my opinion.

This update is amazing. Multi sampling is a very welcome surprise.
                      However slicing is taking a different direction for me since before that i was consolidating many wav files into one and after i would slice them in BB. Similar to what I did for octatrack. However now after the multi-sampling feature this approach will die and I will try to use folders with samples (up to 80) for auto creating big kits.

Midi CC is also very beautifully implemented since it has a learn function.
                      But i think the fx send levels should be included too in the midi implementation.
                      Maybe in a different way. They could be fixed for a cc No per midi channel that controls the pad, without the need to assign them to something(CC 91 and CC93 are the most common ones).
                      Maybe Aaron has something to say about this. Is it something doable or are there technical problems that cannot permit this to happen.

Comment

To continue with the multisample limit, what I am experiencing when I load a folder with 80 samples then I get a message "sample slots are full" for all other pads as someone has mentioned before in the thread.
                        So what is the actual limit for all pads if you want to load 16 multisample pads?80/16=5?

Comment

Originally posted by faqtor View Post
                          Wow! Awesome update. I was about to write a simple program to create a "sample chain" with cue markers for the slices but it's not useful anymore
                          Tested again with folders of 40 samples and i can have 2 multisample pads. So i guess the maximum sample slot number is 80 for all pads which kind of low in my opinion. I am back to slicing big wav files.
                          So fellow BBer if you can write this program please do it and share with us. For octatrack there is something called octachainer which creates a big wav file from all the small ones along with a file with an .ot extension. If someone could modify that to generate the slice markers for BB would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftf View Post
                            To continue with the multisample limit, what I am experiencing when I load a folder with 80 samples then I get a message "sample slots are full" for all other pads as someone has mentioned before in the thread.
                            So what is the actual limit for all pads if you want to load 16 multisample pads?80/16=5?
                            The max number of Wav files that can be loaded across all pads and all pad types is 80. So, yes your math is correct.

Comment

Working...
                            X