Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free HQ Multisamples for BB - Pianobook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free HQ Multisamples for BB - Pianobook!

Hey there! I updated to v1.3 just yesterday, and I was - still am - super excited about the multisample support. It takes BB to new heights.

My first though was to use multisamples from https://www.pianobook.co.uk. For those who don't know, pianobook is the brainchild of Christian Henson, co-founder of Spitfire Audio - the leading firm in sampled libraries, with big names having their libraries made from Spitfire (Hanz Zimmer, Olafur Arnalds, etc).

So, pianobook is a collective sample project. It has free - yes, free! - multisamples from various pianos, recorded by their owners. Plenty of the entries have the wav files, and they're already tagged with note numbers. (tip: the ones for the EXS24 sampler all have wav's, some patches made for Kontakt may not)

Most of these entries follow a sampling formula that Henson proposed, into which selected notes are sampled. So, most of the pianos don't include 88 samples (well, few libraries do that anyway...), but 12 or more, spread across octaves.

Feel free to check it out. There are wonderfull pianos inside.

Hi Manthos, can you fill me in on the file labelling to get multisamples to load on the correct note? Say I have a folder of sounds from a synth and I've sample them 4 semitones apart, how do I label them to get them to load onto the correct keyboard notes?
    Cheers

Comment

You have to first apply the according 'root note' parameter and then save the sample.
      There was a bug in 1.3 with that but should now work with 1.3.3.

Comment

Thanks. I'm also looking at a way to bake the root note data into the sample file on the computer, possible even a batch process, so when I 'load all' on the BB they're read to roll, to save drilling into the info of each individually on the BB.

Comment

Working...
        X